What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 8/13/15 9:16 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I haven't been post-op for colder weather yet, but here are some of my old favorites!  I will tweak most of them and still use :) beef-stew-with-beer-and-paprika , sausage-kale-and-lentil-soup , Haven't tried this one yet, but it looks good chicken-bacon-crock-pot-chowder

4 Months 1 week since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax Milk Chocolate

S: Light string cheese

L: 1/2c homemade chicken salad made with greek yogurt, red grapes, celery and walnuts

S: Dannon L&F Strawberry greek yogurt

D: 1oz chicken breast stuffed with 1 slice swiss cheese, sauteed onions and mushrooms, 1/4c green beans if I have room

Totals: Cals: 583  Protein: 83  Carbs: 25  Fat: 16

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 8/13/15 9:36 am
RNY on 07/17/14

You, I like.  LOL  These all sound really good!

melissasue1982
on 8/13/15 9:39 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am a recipe *****!!  I LOVE NEW RECIPES AND COOKING!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

lcraver
on 8/13/15 10:04 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So do I!!!  I love trying new things. And I am finding that I am worse about this now than before surgery. I have to ask, though, describe how a lentil tastes... I have always wanted to cook with them but find them intimidating for some reason! The chowder sounds amazing!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Felicity Q.
on 8/13/15 10:07 am
DS on 09/28/15

Lentils are amazing. They are SO filling and to me, they taste like ANYTHING you put them in. Just butting in, I know you didn't ask me. LOL

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

mschwab
on 8/13/15 10:49 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I'm not sure how to describe them.  Nutty?  Delicious?  They are both and one of my favorite things.  I boil them and eat them with a little salt and an egg on top (yum).  I also make summer salad using lentils instead of pasta with red and green grapes, red onions, red peppers, cucumbers, hazel nuts and a lemon vinaigrette dressing.  So good and a great alternative to a pasta salad.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

lcraver
on 8/13/15 9:22 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Well, I made chili over the weekend. LOL... even though it is warm in NC, I just felt like it. My chili is really simple and it's good but plain. I think I am going to experiment with other recipes during this fall and winter. I think mine has too many carbs... I figured it out on My Fitness Plan, but I dont' have the #s right in front of me. What I do is use either ground turkey or hamburger, about 2 lbs, 3-4 cans of light kidney beans (usually I sub in a can of dark kidney beans, if I have them), canned tomato soup... you just have to add the beans and the soup in until it looks like enough of both... usually a family size can of the tomato soup. also add about 1/2 cup of water, and chili powder to taste. After it cooks for a while, if it needs thickened and it usually does, I make a roux of flour water and chili powder to add to it. 

I think my main problem with eating chili is that I want to eat crackers with it. And, I know that crackers are my "crack". I am looking forward to making some good beef stew this fall but I also have a love affair with potatoes, so I am going to have to find a suitable subsititution... any suggestions??

As to heated seats, LOVE them!! LOL, I thought they were a stupid extravagance until I got my last truck. It does a body good!! 

My menu today:

B: Tea with SugarLeaf (got a new Contigo mug that keeps my tea warm... loving it!), Pure Protein chocolate shake (store was out of Premier Protein, so I got this instead. First... it only has 23 grams of protein, Second... doesn't taste so good.... hating it!)

L: P3 pack, string cheese and 2 oz of kosher dill spears

S: throughtout the day... 1 oz Bridgeford Sweet Baby Ray beef jerky (kind of a let down), 1/4 cup of GG cauliflower, broccoli and carrots in cheese sauce

D: Healthy Choice Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, 1/2 cup of sauteed zucchini  (if room)

Totals: Calories - 790, Protein - 86, Carbs - 36, Sugars - 18, Fats - 34

Vits/Water... going in. Exercise - since so pleasant outside and I am not cooking, going to take Zoey for a long walk and then swim/jog in the pool. 

Everyone have a good day!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

mamata2
on 8/13/15 10:13 am

I'm late to the party today but I'll play anyway.  This is by far my fav chili recipe.  It is even AWARD-WINNING!!  I won the chili cookoff at work with it a few years back and netted a large basket of booze!!  I can't think of a higher honor ;)

Best Chili Recipe EVER!!

mschwab
on 8/13/15 4:06 am, edited 8/13/15 4:09 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Hello everyone.  Late to the party as usual.  It is going to be a hot day today, so no heated seats for me this morning.  I have been known, however, to turn them on even when the weather is in the 80's.  I am always cold, and sometimes I need a little heat bump.

I love making soups and chili type things.  I rarely use a recipe, so I will try to give you a list of ingredients for my favorite chili that can be whipped up in a short time.  I combine a chopped onion, chopped red pepper, a couple cloves of chopped garlic, 2 cans chopped tomatoes, 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 can white or red kidney beans (drained and rinsed), chipotle powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.  I saute the onions, and then add the rest of the ingredients and cook approximately 1/2 hour until the veggies are soft.  Then I take about 1/3 of it and put it in a blender and puree and then add back to the rest of the chili.  It makes it all nice and creamy.  You can add meat too, but if I do that, I usually add it to an individual serving as opposed to the whole batch. Delish!

Time Since Surgery:  Almost 9 months

B:  Egg Beater, FF mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Trader Joe's Omega Trek Mix and lite string cheese

D:  Shrimp Salad

S:  Light and Fit Greek Yogurt - Strawberry Cheesecake

D:  Vietnamese chicken meatballs

S:  Ham and pickle roll ups

V/W:  In process

Exercise: Pilates!

Totals:  Calories 772, Carbs 37 (yay!), Protein 78, Fat 36, Sugar 19

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

NYMom222
on 8/13/15 7:23 am, edited 8/13/15 7:24 am
RNY on 07/23/14

This is a Chili-ish type dish I made this week. I am calling it Chicken Taco Stoup. Put 1 package boneless chicken thighs in crockpot, sprinkle Taco seasoning over and add 1 cup chicken broth. Cook 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken and add 1 can Rotel tomatoes and 1 can rinsed and drained cannelli beans. Easy and yummy... serve with cheese, avocado and/or sour cream. yummm

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics