What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

LadyBaltimore
on 8/13/15 8:56 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Hi lcraver-  Good idea on the pureeing the chili bit!   And I've been checking out eggface's site-  She's my new hero!  

A recipe for everything,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Daisydoo02
on 8/13/15 7:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning AV and menu ladies,

We have the exact same weather here AV, down right COLD in the mornings and even last night I had all the windows open in the house and about 9pm it got cold and I had to close them.  My dogs are in heaven with the cooler weather.  It has been warming up during the day but dropping right back down at night.  My husband has a brand new truck and it has heated seats, its so awesome come winter. I drive the "commuter" car, its a 2005 Nissan Altima, her name is Black Widow, she is a beast!  No fancy bells & whistles but she gets me to where I need to go quick and safe 

Here is a link to a spicy chilli I make in the slow cooker all the time. Its yummy!  Its quite spicy and I even up the cayenne & chilli powder a bit for a real kick. As it cooks it gets spicier so if you like it spicy, go for it.  

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-slow-cooked-chili/

Time Since Surgery: 21 months (on Saturday)

B: chocolate protein shake (made with 1/2 cup 1% lactose free milk, 1/2 cup cold water, 2 scoops of Bulk Barn protein powder)

B2: one can of clover leaf solid tuna with 2 tbsp of Kraft Balsamic dressing 

L: 2.5 oz of greek souvlaki chicken over 1/4 cup of salad greens, 1 tbsp hummus & some hot sauce

S: 1/4 cup of salted pumpkin seeds

D: Walmart Turkey Breakfast sausages (2 sausages) and 1/2 cup bbq grilled red pepper strips

S: 2 slices of salami, 2 oz of hard marble cheese, loads of mustard for "roll ups"

TOTALS: 1164 calories, 125 protein, 37 carbs, 67 fat

V/W: vits done, calcium on alarms, water - so far so good

E: 5km jog on my lunch hour, 5km jog with hubby & pups later on this evening

Happy almost weekend!!!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Capogirl
on 8/13/15 7:40 am

IT was a tad chilly this morning, but warm now.   I've got  my desk fan on and I'm wearing short sleeves.   Of course I have a heat pack on my back because I did something to it this morning and I am in agony.

Love making chili, soups, stews.  Will post recipes later, too busy here again this morning to do much.

B:  Jay Robb protein powder shake w/ milk, 1/2 banana.

L:  Turkey burger, glad hubby makes extras

D:  ?  Cupboard is bare again

S:  Yogurt?

lcraver
on 8/13/15 8:54 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Ohhh, sorry about your back.  Take it easy.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/15 8:40 am

I am late to say good morning. I still am not feeling like myself. I will feel better if I get out in the sun maybe. I will take the heat. I don't want fall to come. It was nice out last night so we had the top off the jeep and went for a ride. Today I am getting the house ready for company. It will be a good weekend. I really like the family that is coming. I don't have to go out of the way to make them happy. Just have some clams and fresh scallops. I am going to grill mostly till it gets cold out. I do love one pot meals though. I like to make stuffed peppers with ground turkey in the crock pot. 

B:Ricotta and egg white with protein powder pancakes with ham steak

L:Yogurt 

S:Atkins protein bar I am going to be out and running around

D:Salad with steak with poppy seed dressing from Panera 

Vitamins are in for the morning and I got 40oz so far. Exercise is going to be cleaning. I might later have my husband take a walk. depending on how I feel. 

Have a great day enjoy the rest of summer

frhoffard
on 8/13/15 8:53 am
RNY on 11/12/15

GOOD MORNING ALL!  I had a great day of appointments yesterday; my surgeon and I are aiming for November for my surgery, I've already met my insurance companies requirements so now going to work on all of the preop testing.  I don't have to take any weight off before the surgery, I just don't need to gain any.  He did say that after reviewing my diet journal, he wants me to increase my carbs; he wants me to keep it below 100 grams but over 50 per day. 

This chili recipe is really good...even though who would have thought chocolate and beer would be good in chili lol https://www.yahoo.com/food/beer-chili-chocolate-the-end-come -and-get-it-98477866295.html 

Yesterday was really fun since I had to be fasting for tests in the dr's office and my appointment wasn't until 1 but I think I did ok.  I'm so glad to be home and back in my routine for today!!

Wednesday:

B: Yoplait Harvest Peach Yogurt (at 6 am so I could have my tests done)

S: salmon jerky, medium apple (after my tests)

D: Chopped turkey breast salad from Subway

S: Syntrax Nectar

TOTALS: Cals: 716 Protein: 79.6g Carbs: 88.8g Fat: 3.9g

THURSDAY

B: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 strips turkey bacon

L: salmon burger, 1 cup field greens salad

D: 5 oz grilled chicken breast, 2 c roasted cabbage

S: Syntrax Nectar, 1 medium plum

TOTALS: Cals: 956 Protein: 101.4g Carbs: 68.8g Fat: 28.9g

Have a great day everyone!!

?Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.? ? Les Brown

Felicity Q.
on 8/13/15 8:56 am
DS on 09/28/15

How exciting!! Sounds like you're close to having a surgery date! GL with the rest of your pre-op tests!!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

lcraver
on 8/13/15 8:58 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So glad your appointments went well. And, if your surgery is in November, you are pretty much guaranteed that you won't be able to overindulge food-wise over the holidays.

I am curious, why does the doc want you to increase carbs? 

frhoffard
on 8/13/15 9:04 am
RNY on 11/12/15

He said staying on the low-carb like I've been doing isn't good for my kidneys and when I go on the pre-op diet right before surgery he doesn't want my body used to the low carb; I'm going to need that for ketosis.  I'm actually kinda glad he said I should add more carbs, I want to eat all the veggies I've been restricting myself on lol

?Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.? ? Les Brown

lcraver
on 8/13/15 2:58 am, edited 8/13/15 2:59 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Well, that makes sense! And, yes, eat your veggies and fruit while you can. I am just now back to where I can eat a salad again... just a limited size. Honestly, after surgery and following your doc's plan, adding veggies back in for me was pretty easy. I didn't have many side effects... except, if you count eating only 2 ozs of veggies a side effect... LOL.

Fruit, I have more issues with because I do dump. And, I can remember before surgery that the dumping syndrome was my biggest fear. And, honestly, I am glad that I do dump now. Because it does keep me from overindulging in fruits and carbs. And, I am surviving without it and feel so much better. And, it not just feeling better because I am losing weight. It is because I am feeding my body a better, healthier diet. I love the fact that I crave green beans!  Who'd a thunk that?

You are going to be very successful because you are getting so informed and seem so motivated. The weight is gonna just drop off of you. I am expecting big things from you!!!  LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics