What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/13/15 5:58 am, edited 8/13/15 5:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Jeez Louise, does it feel like fall in the mornings or what?!  I had the heated seats on in the car this morning and everything.  You know, when my husband went with that option on the car I thought it was stupid.  I hereby admit that I was wrong.  Heated car seats are glorious. 

In the spirit of "chili" weather (see what I did there?  LOL), I want to hear from you all.  Post your favorite soup/stew/chili recipe and share the wealth.  This is my favorite chili from Iowa Girl Eats; sooo good:  Signature Spicy Smoky Sweet Chili.  I may come back later and post some more recipes!

Time since surgery:  a year and some weeks

B:  , L&F Greek key lime and 15 gms of Captain Crunch.  Somebody (husband) better start eating this or it's going to take me a month to finish the box at this rate.

S:  salt and vinegar pork rinds and a cheese stick

L:  corned beef/cream cheese/pickle roll ups, a HB egg and 34 degree crackers.  I don't think I'm going to eat all of that but I'm logging it anyway.  I reserve the right to make changes!!

D:  Greek turkey burger (thanks Wegmans Ready to Cook bar!) with extra feta and tomato slices

TOTALS:  Cals:  882  Protein:  67 (meh)  Carbs:  43  Fat:  44

Who's up next?

peachpie
on 8/13/15 6:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Well were about to enter a heat wave in my neck of the woods-- so no morning chill yet. It is dark @ 5:30am now-- so I'm no longer comfortable going for my run in the morning. I went last night, and my time was a tad slower, I'm sure due to the anxiety of being more visible; more people are out at 7:45pm, than are out at 5:30am. I'm just happy I pushed past the anxiety and got it in.

Time since surgery:  3+ months

B:  1 cup cheerios with 1% milk, 1 boiled egg and 1 boiled egg white

S:  colby jack cheese stick and handful of grapes

L:  deli turkey- 4 slices, 1.5 slices american cheese, tomato & cucumber; 3oz coleslaw but not sure if I want it

D:  not sure-- probably flounder, its whats in the fridge ready to be cooked. Grilled, or baked. 

Can't estimate my total at the moment

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Felicity Q.
on 8/13/15 6:42 am
DS on 09/28/15

It's so funny you mention chili today AV!  Today I am also starting prep on my favorite food EVER – Chili Verde. It’s chili season, and I have been anticipating making my yearly batch! I’m so relieved it’s low-carb and high-protein! I’m almost giddy with excitement. It’s a TON of work, but I make a batch big enough for like 20 servings… I vacuum seal and freeze enough leftovers for a LONG time. My daily menu is going to start looking even more repetitive soon!!

Surgery Status: Still Pending Approval!

B: Coffee Protein Powder + ¾ c. Unsweetened Skim Milk

S: Babybel Light Cheese

L: Leftover Crockpot Spinach & Artichoke Chicken (Seriously, I made too much of this stuff!)

S: Dannon L&F Yogurt

D: DH is making a lasagna with eggplant and veggies in place of pasta. I’m “guesstimating” the nutrition on that based on a recipe search. Looking forward to it!

TOTALS:  Calories:  827   |  Carbs:  34  |  Fat:  35 |  Protein:  93  |  Fiber: 6 | Sugar:  18

Also - heated seats? Totally not something I have ever experienced, growing up in Arizona then moving to Texas! Now AIR CONDITIONED SEATS - that's something that needs to be invented!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

AngryViking
on 8/13/15 7:03 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Uh, Felicity?  I'm pretty sure I asked you guys to post recipes.  You can't tease me like that with your chili verde and not give up the deets!  LOL

Felicity Q.
on 8/13/15 7:10 am
DS on 09/28/15

LOL! I realized that partway through typing it out!!  I haven't written it down before... so I will write it down today and tomorrow as I am prepping and take pictures and post the recipe, I promise! 

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Sarah M.
on 8/13/15 6:45 am

Not quite fall weather here. The humidity is down and it is beautiful out. Had to happen sometime. Don't worry about being jealous it'll be gone by tomorrow.

My husband is not a fan of soup/stew cooking so when I have a day that requires soup, I pick up something from "Zoup!". A small soup or small chicken asian salad and I'm good to go.

B-protein chocolate shake handful of grapes

S-string cheese

L-taco salad minus the shell

S-grapes or grapefruit

D-country baked steak w/mixed veggies

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

Emiepie
on 8/13/15 7:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! It's actually starting to warm up here and we should be over 100 for the weekend and 106 is what is expected for the first day of school next week! So honestly, anything warm like soup and chili won't fit the bill at the moment.

Time since surgery: 1 year

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach, and cheese, fruit (dried figs, apple slices, and grapes)

S: Dark chocolate banana thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge 

L: Copy cat panera strawerry poppyseed salad, and small apple

S: L&F Greek strawberry cheesecake yogurt with 1/2 a banana mixed in, and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Sweet/Spicy tuna pack with 1/2 flat out bread with some broccoli and melted cheese

S: No sugar added outshine bar

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1128 Protein:97 Carbs:142 Fat:20

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 8/13/15 7:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

*le sigh*  I'm so disappointed in you guys.  LOL

LadyBaltimore
on 8/13/15 7:08 am
RNY on 07/27/15

It's going to be 85 hear today- It's been a pretty cool summer (*knock on wood*), and I'm looking forward to the fall!  In terms of soup recipes, I don't really have one, as I'm a pretty poor cook.  I generally take my crock pot, throw some ground beef in there, chopped bell peppers and onions, diced tomatoes/tomato sauce, water, and let it simmer for a long time.  I can then add cheese and or sour cream when I dole it out bit by bit.  High protein, low card and low cal.  *nods*  Of course, just having had surgery, I'm not there yet!  

B: tea, protein shake

S: tea, coffee

L: tea, protein shake, tomato soup

S: tea, coffee

D: tea, protein shake, sugar free jello

Protein: 73.5 g, Calories: 620-700, Liquid: 48-64 oz, as I'll be drinking all day

Patterns,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

lcraver
on 8/13/15 1:50 am, edited 8/13/15 1:51 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

When you are in the pureed stage, you can puree your chili! I hate to say it, but I was so hungry for meat, I pureed meatballs... well, mushed them up really, really good. Check out The World According to Eggface, she has some great ideas of what you can eat in the pureed phase.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics