Gastrogastric Fistula and Ring erosion

Momofthreeboys
on 8/17/15 1:49 pm

I had my surgery in December 2003. I've always had issues with vomiting, etc. Over the past year or so, I struggled with lots of stomach issues. I went to the ER with pancreatitis and discovered I also have gastrogastric fistula and silastic ring erosion. I have been following up with a doctor and have my next appt on Friday. My insurance (which is different from my insurance 12 years ago) is balking at helping pay for surgery. The doctor won't even entertain giving me a ball park on how much it would cost out of pocket. It's very frustrating.

So, that all said, here are my two questions: 1) In case I cannot get my insurance to help with this, does anyone have any clue how much something like this might be out of pocket to get fixed? 2) I had an open RNY, so they do NOT want to do this endoscopically or even laproscopically. Any ideas on recovery time?

TIA

SandieMc49
on 8/18/15 5:10 am

Tia, call your insurance company and ask for a Supervisor and don't take NO for an answer!  Do, however, make sure you are clear on what procedure(s) you are likely to have before you call them.  The insurance company may be balking because they have not been given enough information to give you the correct answer.

Jacquecalico
on 7/6/17 11:38 am

Old post but I had gastric bypass in 8/2014 with silastic ring and experience same stuff over 13 years with vomitting! Going in 7/14/17 for EDG to look around and have it removed.

Hw 285

CW 175

i did lose 110 the first year. In 2016 I inched up to an unhealthy 200lbs. Bad food choices! Joined a weight loss program and am sitting pretty at 175. Lost 25 in 9 weeks the healthy way!

experience with removal and life after?

Most Active
Recent Topics