What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/17/15 5:37 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  How did everyone fare this weekend?  It was H.O.T. hot here.  Too hot to do any of the outside projects without passing out, but because my husband is an idiot he spent about 4 hours in the bee suit on Saturday afternoon.  In mid-summer, you have to treat for mites and there are these chemical strip things that need to get placed.  Ideally, you place these treatments when it's cooler, like early morning.  Not in the middle of the day on probably what was the hottest day of the year so far.  Even the bees were pissed about the heat because he got stung 9 times. That combined with the temperature and he ended up with a nice little case of heat exhaustion. 

Oh, and we picked up my kid from camp!  He had an awesome time; he wants to go back for two weeks next year.  Oy.  I better start saving now.  LOL

Time since surgery:  1 year, 1 month

B:  coffee, Yoplait Greek apple pie yogurt and 15 gms of Captain Crunch. 

S:  Click Mocha

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  cranberry pork roast and grilled summer squash/zucchini

TOTALS:  Cals:  866  Protein:  86  Carbs:  46  Fat:  38

Have a great day!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/15 5:54 am

Good morning. I have been up since five this morning. I did sleep all night so I will take it. I don't want to spend too much time sleeping since summer is gong by so fast. I take my daughter back to school this weekend. I am a little sad. But not like last year. 

I had a good weekend we had my husbands cousins down from upstate Pa. We had a great time. I ate mostly meat since we did clams on the grill and scallops and shrimp. I did have some wine. But it didn't go down well. Not worth the calories. 

B:Hot cocoa too lazy to go get coffee. Egg white omelet with ham and cheese

L:Shrimp

D:Steak salad

S:Yogurt and a cheese stick. A yogurt before bed. It seems to help me sleep.

Vitamins are in I have drank about 50oz so far this morning 

Enjoy the day. I am going to getting my house back together. 

Dcgirl
on 8/17/15 5:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kristen and everyone!

It's been a while - I was in Vegas last week for six days.  OY.  That's all I have to say about that!  Too much drinking, and eating every meal out...shockingly I came home the same weight.  I think it's because I did work out four days and had a ton of steps everyday.  The highlight of the trip was that DodgerGirl was in Vegas by chance and we met up and went dancing til 3:30 am!  When I got in bed I was already at 12,000 steps that day!  Ha!  We had the BEST time.

I spent the weekend recuperating and so today I am back to regular life.  I already walked 5 miles this morning and I am going to do two classes at the gym tonight and then get a massage.  I.  Cannot. Wait.

Time Since Surgery: 20 months

B: Leftover chinese chicken

S: 6 Old Bay shrimp

L: 2 AmyLu andouille chicken sausage from Costco, roasted brussels sprouts from Trader Joes

S: Port Salut cheese, pita chips

D: 2 AmyLu sausage

Totals: 1,300 calories, 105 g protein, 48 g carbs.  Good numbers for me - but with two classes tonight, my calories may be a bit low, so I may add in another snack.

Have a great day and stay cool, all! Emily

AngryViking
on 8/17/15 6:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Sounds like a great time!  About your meet-up with DodgerGirl...pics or it didn't happen. 

Dcgirl
on 8/17/15 6:18 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ha ha ha ha!  Here you go :)  This is us in the Cosmopolitan - before dinner at China Poblano and dancing at some random bar on the strip!  I am on the left, Shannon on the right.

Hard to believe we each used to weigh 350 lbs!

Also hard to believe I am in a crop top lol.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/15 6:50 am

You look amazing. You both do.

Dcgirl
on 8/17/15 6:57 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Susan!  You are so sweet!  I saw your pic last Friday and you are looking HOT!  Sounds like you had a good weekend too.  Way to keep at it.  One day at a time, that's what I tell myself :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/15 7:46 am

Thanks Em. One of my friends posted on Facebook that I looked like Rizzo from Grease in the picture. I wasn't sure to take it as a compliment. 

It is one day at a time. Or sometimes one meal at a time. 

karenp8
on 8/17/15 9:41 am - Brighton, IL

A  crop top! Wowza! You both look amazing!

AngryViking
on 8/17/15 7:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ha-cha-cha, you guys!  I love it!

Most Active
Recent Topics