plastic surgery costs?

Pokemom
on 8/17/15 8:40 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you.  I read these links.  I am glad to be better informed.  But they made me a little sad.  I had never imagined I would want plastic surgery.  Then I crossed a mental bridge many months ago--and I have been preparing myself for plastic surgery, especially to my deformed-looking thighs.  I had not researched much, I admit.  These articles made me realize it is not a decision to be taken lightly. 

One reason my thighs are so deformed-looking is severe varicosities.  The articles made me think that this propensity would put me at even higher risk during a thigh surgery.

Sigh. (Thigh sigh.)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/18/15 6:17 pm - OH

Sorry that the info isn't more positive.  I was surprised when both of the plastic surgeons that were at the OH convention a few years ago in Cincinnati said they no longer did thigh lifts on Bariatric patients. I also met a woman who had hers done, though, and she was very happy with them (I couldn't tell anything as she had a skirt on).

I understand about the vein issue.  I have a number of very large, distended veins all the way down my left leg (which was the one that I had multiple blood clots (DVTs) in starting back in 1979, and that has a lot of the vein valves destroyed).

They were hidden pretty well in the fat, but now that the fat is gone, they stick out badly, especially in the mornings.

I honestly don't know whether the varicosities put you at a higher risk for complications other than blood clots or not. It would definitely be something to ask a prospective surgeon about.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jennifer K.
on 8/27/15 11:26 am - Phoenix , AZ

I always hated my stomach... it was where I carried the majority of my weight when I was over-weight... after losing weight it was the worst of all my 'problem areas'. I went to the PS had got a pricing for everything, the surgeon I saw wouldn't do certain procedures together and laws vary by state as to how long a plastic surgeon can perform surgery (hours wise). I could only afford the stomach at the time.. the lipo/fat injections were not much more so I added those on.

After having that done both my arms/boobs bothered me.. I had a quote for just arms, just boobs and both together... surgeon did give multiple procedure discount. It was worth it to me to get it all done and take advantage of the discount so I went for it.

Thigh lift will be last.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

jeterway
on 8/17/15 9:06 am

I started my plastics journey with what was covered by insurance.  I am brca1, so that was my boobs and most of a tummy tuck - finally got to use a medical condition to my advantage.  Beyond that my thighs were really awful.  Even with the weight loss they were horrible.  I couldn't go down in sizes because of my thunder thighs.  So even if that was the only thing I got done, I was willing to risk that surgery.  I am so glad that I did them - I love how they look now - they could be somewhat improved but given where they were - they are wonderful.  Seeing the improvement on them made me want to go further.  It truly is wonderful to look good as well as feel good about my current weight.  Costs could vary dramatically depending on what area of the country you are in and what surgeon you choose.

Jennifer K.
on 8/27/15 11:23 am - Phoenix , AZ

Nov 2011 I had an extended TT, with lipo and fat injections into my buttox - that was a little over 15K.

July 2014 I had a arm lift, BA/BL and YAG laser from my jaw line all the way down my neck, that was a little over 16K.

Thigh lift will be last, I have not priced that yet.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Tracy D.
on 8/27/15 12:06 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm in agreement with Laura and White Dove - plan on $40K if you want all of that done.  Some surgeons will do lower body and upper body at the same time and others won't.  That will directly impact the cost.  

I can tell you that an excellent and experienced surgeon in the U.S. will probably charge you around $10-$14K for a lower body lift (not including thighs); anesthesia and hospital overnight stay will cost you extra and are billed separately.  And all of it has to be paid for up front.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics