Menu options post op

lcraver
on 8/12/15 9:04 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Hey Karen... I eat protein forward so that I will be able to get all of my protein in for the day. It leaves very little room for veggies and fruits. I do try to eat as much of them as room allows but usually not more than 1/2 cup at a time. Also with sugars, I tend to dump so if I do eat fruit, I eat very little. Example, when I ea****ermelon, I will only eat a little because if I eat a lot, I will get very queasy.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Corrie33
on 8/12/15 10:55 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Same here - protein first, veggies if there's room (rarely) and fruit a distant second.  

I mostly eat this way because that's what my program tells me, but also - even though I'm 6 months out now and approved for fruit and veggies, neither one really feels good to eat.  I can just barely enjoy a little melon or 1/4 of a banana after proteins.  As for veggies, only tomatos and small amounts of broccoli sit well with me.  But like I said, there's rarely any room for it.

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Catsi51
on 8/12/15 11:41 am

Did you have to see a dietitian through the Bariatric program you are attending? I am a vegetarian and close to being vegan. I allow a bit of dairy in my diet currently but would eventually like to cut it out all together and go vegan. I haven't had my surgery yet but I am working with the dietitian at the program I am going through - she says eating vegetarian is totally workable after RNY - vegan will be more challenging but also doable. I plan to continue appointments with the dietitian to make sure I do this right. I also became obese due to my love of/addiction to carbs and fats and I know those will have to go after surgery - actually I'm eating very low carb right now, leading up to my surgery in late Sept.-early Oct. The fats I'm no****ching so much but I know I have to get a grip with that too. I have been overweight or obese most of my adult life and I'm SO DONE with that! I will do whatever it takes to make this work - aside from going back to eating meat/poultry/fish, which I cut out of my diet years ago mostly due to ethical reasons. I was thrilled when the dietitian said I absolutely could make this work with a veggie diet. Good luck to you!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Karen R.
on 8/12/15 4:24 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

It's nice to meet someone in the same food place as myself.  The dietitian does know my eating and is supportive but we've only worked on my protein intake, portion control and general healthy eating. We haven't gotten to my post op diet. My surgery isn't until the first week in Sept. Thanks for the input.

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Cristinahdz
on 8/12/15 7:39 pm

I'm a pescetarian so a daily menu for me is like this:

breakfast 60 grams of cottage cheese with half a mashed apple or a slice of papaya 

snack protein shake 1 cup of low fat milk and protein scoop

lunch 60 grams of fish and 1/2 a cup of mashed veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)

snack chamomile tea

dinner soft cheese with homemade tomatoe sauce

Tomorrow will be a month since my surgery.

Hope this helps :)

Karen R.
on 8/12/15 4:21 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

All I can say is WOW and thank you for all the replies. I made this post prior to leaving the house for work and never anticipated the outpouring of supportive advice. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Most Active
Recent Topics