I'm sure this is asked all the time.........vitamins, maintenance?

cmebducks
on 8/10/15 8:22 pm

Can anyone list the labs I need to have my doctor draw (I stopped seeing my Bariatric doctor due to insurance issues).

Are there any new amazing things in the Bariatric comunity I have been missing.  I have been off the Grid for over a year.  My mother almost died, my father had open heart and right after that we discovered he was dying of cancer stage 4.  It has been horrible and my weight shows it.  Love 

lynnc99
on 8/10/15 9:37 pm

I am so sorry you have had to deal with so many trials! Life happens....and it's not easy. 

No, nothing "new and amazing" that I know of. If you are struggling with regain, let me recommend that you look at what you are doing RIGHT and build from that. 

Water

Vitamins

Protein first

Veggies next

A little fruit

A little dairy if you want it - Greek yogurt is a great protein option

And knock off the refined carbs - yeah, that's the culprit most the time

Eat at home more than out to have the most control

As for the labs, here is a link to Penn State's Milton Hershey Medical Center's recommendations. It's not where I had my surgery, but I lived not far away and it's a top flight hospital and is a good resource: 

http://www.pennstatehershey.org/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=442214&name=DLFE-8231.pdf

Best wishes to you...Hang in there and keep posting! I'd been away for a while and the support of being back feels great!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/11/15 4:34 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Here is a good thread with a list of labs:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4152810/Pam-T-or-Vital adyLa/

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/15 7:01 am

I am sorry for the stuff you are going through. It is very rough when it comes to family issues. My mother just had her last chemo treatment and is doing ok. 

I would try to find another surgeon depending how far out you are. I mean it is good to have their input. One thing you have to do when people are sick is make sure you are taking care of yourself. You didn't have this surgery to not get healthy. I know it is easier said than done. 

We do need to put ourselves first sometimes before jumping into caring for someone. We end up fatigued and depressed. I am sorry about your parents. Please take care of yourself to. I know that sounds kind of selfish. 

Most Active
Recent Topics