How am I going to feel?

Karen R.
on 8/9/15 6:50 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

I'm not a dietician either, but maybe a little unbalanced lol, but I am trying to learn! I failed to mention I do not eat meat or eggs. I can try to put a little instant coffee in my morning protein shake, I am trying to cut out caffeine per my dietitian's request, but that too is difficult. Yes, the wheat thins and pretzels should go, I agree on that. I'm not sure how many calories I consumed daily to get to my current weight (prob don't want to know either), so I think my body is going through withdrawal. I'm still a work in progress. 

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Felicity Q.
on 8/9/15 6:59 am
DS on 09/28/15

Haha - I think we ALL are a work in progress! 

Off the top of my head, some non-meat/egg alternatives might be beans, nuts, and edamame (and of course dairy which you are already doing!). If you're looking for crunch as one of your snacks instead of pretzels, have an ounce of almonds! I think they're less than 200 calories with about 6g of protein... and a source of healthy fat. Plus their fiber content means that it'll take your body longer to digest and keep the energy coming longer!  I'd also suggest more veggies!

We can do this!!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Cristinahdz
on 8/9/15 8:49 am

I'll suggest you quit coffee because after surgery while healing you won't be able to drink it and if you're a coffee junkie like me you're going to have a hard time!

As for how I felt during pre op diet I had headaches first 3 days and I felt horrible! But my diet was a lot more restrictive protein shake with water for breakfast and dinner, vegetable broth for lunch, clear diet juice for snacks.

After surgery I haven't had any headache although I eat so much less :) it gets better.

cc583
on 8/8/15 5:08 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi Karen, I'm currently on my dr.'s pre-op medically supervised diet and daily intake is a lot yours but I'm only on between 800 to 900 calories a day. At first I was more hungry than tired but I did and still do have tired days now and again. I find for the most part as long as I am drinking at least 80oz of water a day I don't get too tired. Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Kathyjs
on 8/8/15 6:13 pm

Post op is very different . I don't think I could eat 1300 calories a day if I tried . Hang tight and get used to drinking water when you feel 'hunger'

Karen R.
on 8/9/15 4:01 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Thank you everyone for your support; I'm just tired and grumpy but I will keep going!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Queen JB
on 8/9/15 6:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You can't even imagine the difference between how pre-op and post-op eating patterns change.

I have had to set up reminders on my smartphone to remind me to eat. I feel like it goes off 1000 times a day and everytime, I groan and wail that I have to shove something else in my mouth, again

So I'm still grumpy, but for different reasons! Haha. 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Karen R.
on 8/9/15 8:23 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

I cannot even imagine have to set reminders to eat! I can't wait.

Karen

beachybikegirl
on 8/9/15 5:42 pm

Hello,

I was not required to a pre-op diet, however, I did do the HCG diet before my wedding where I had 500 calories a day and yes I had the weak and tired feeling during that diet.  I am 6 weeks post surgery now and I have no hunger, none, I have to remind myself to eat and to get the protein and fluids in.  The 1st week or 2 post surgery I did feel tired and weak but it was more because I was recovering from surgery and not because I didn't have enough calories.  I also had a problem with the blood thinner and I was told to stop taking the blood thinner and then I felt so much better.  Everyone is different but it takes 4-6 weeks to feel close to "normal" energy wise but again, that is because you are recovering from surgery not because of the diet.  You will not feel like this for the rest of your life.  Especially after you lose a bunch a weight quickly, your body will just feel better and better!

It is worth it : )

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Most Active
Recent Topics