NSV: An invitation to a workshop to get certified as a Tae Bo instructor!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/11/15 4:14 pm

HI Gang!

I am totally stoked! Loving life and what this surgery has done to give me my life back!

Even when I was MO, I diligently worked out.  I was always the "big girl" in the back corner that tried really hard, but rarely succeeded.

I have always liked to try the new classes at the gym.  I am totally in love with piloxing (i.e. cardio kickbox meets pilates). Today, the gym manager asked me if I enjoyed my time in tae bo (I did) and if I would consider taking the instructors workshop where I would learn how to TEACH the class and get certified.  While there is no guarantee that I will get my certification,  I feel so honored that the gym would think that I am capable of teaching such a course and would field me as a candidate.

And...I am going to try!

Please keep me in your thoughts in prayers in November (I.e. when they hold the workshop)!

It is unbelievable what this surgery and a proper support system can do for you. Two years ago, I was in tae bo class...just trying my best to keep up at 280 lbs.  Now, people think I have the ability to be a potential instructor FOR the class.

I thank God everyday that situations CAN change and things CAN get better. Ships CAN be turned around.

-Skinny

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Karen R.
on 8/11/15 5:33 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

So great, good luck!!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

lynnc99
on 8/11/15 10:01 pm

Dial the clock back 5 years. Could you EVER have imagined?

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/15 8:24 am

NOt in a million years. I would have done this  if someone would have told me that this opportunity would be coming into my future.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/15 8:25 am

NOt in a million years. I would have done this  if someone would have told me that this opportunity would be coming into my future.

White Dove
on 8/12/15 3:47 am - Warren, OH

Being an instructor will keep you mentally in the game.  It is important to no longer identify with our formerly fat selves.  I recently moved to a new home.  In the process of selling the old home the realtor told me to remove all family photos.

I have not put photos back up in the new home.  I realize that it was a sub conscience downer to look at photos of my family and friends where I weighed over 200 pounds.  I am decorating with other items and not putting photos back on display.  I think of myself as a small person now.  The pictures are stored and easy for me to access if I do want to look at them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/15 8:19 am

White Dove,

I am so glad you posted this. A friend pointed out that I have a lot on my plate and that teaching a class would "lock me in" to a particular time and a particular place which is  bad at end of quarter and end of year. She recommended that I focus on figure skating.

And I thought "She is right". And so I changed my mind about doing this.

I am so glad that I didn't write the gym manager between that conversation and seeing your post. You are right.  I have to "move on" in my head an establish a new identity. I will always be a person in progress and a bariatric patient, but I am no longer the woman that chooses to eat starchy fat laden foods because that is what my body and tastebuds crave. I am no longer the woman that hits the snooze button for 2 hours to "sleep-in" instead of hitting the gym.

I am the normal sized person in the front row of gym class trying hard, succeeding about 40% of the time, burning calories. I am the woman that picks long term health, long runs, figure skating jumps and spins,  and pretty clothes over a temporay taste and sensaton in my mouth.

Thank you.

Also, I realize that I dont display pictures of me heavy. It must have been a subconcious thing because I lvoe my friends and family.  I have pics of them all over the place, but the ONE photo of me that is up is post surgery with my husband on the cruise in one of those professional sit down together poses.

That is the only photo of me that I like!

iloveravens
on 8/12/15 8:27 am
RNY on 08/13/14

One of my goals is to become an instructor.  I don't know when or how I would do it with my travel schedule.  I wish you the best of luck if you pursue it.  Sounds like a great way to keep on the right path.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Most Active
Recent Topics