Hair Loss

Jami1371
on 8/10/15 4:50 am

I am in the pre-op stage. Is there anything I can do now to help with the hair loss later. I have very thin hair to begin with so I know after the surgery I will be REALLY thin, if not balding, which isn't very attractive when you are a female.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/15 6:00 am

There really isn't anything you can do. It may fall out and it may not. There are some really nice hair pieces out there. A lot of people get their hair cut shorter when it happens. 

I always say I would rather be bald than be obese. I know that doesn't sound nice. But you can always cover your head with something .

Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey. 

lynnc99
on 8/10/15 6:46 am

Agree....you won't even know if it's an issue for you until/unless it happens. I tried biotin for a while (post op) but the truth is, it promoted hair growth in places I didn't want hair to grow. My hair is still a little thinner than it was, but who knows? Maybe it would have thinned over time anyway. 

Thomas H.
on 8/10/15 11:47 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

I about 2 months out since my surgery, I have not noticed any noticeable hair loss. And I am a guy with long hair, I think my hair is my best feature so losing hair was a scary possibility...LOL. 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

E_Saenz
on 8/10/15 11:53 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I asked my nutritionist and she said take Biotin and I did see it comes in a gummy too so that is what im going to take crossing my fingers it works but I have thick curly and long hair and I want to keep it.  She also said take zink and vitamin c for your skin to bounce back 

Elia Maria Saenz

hollykim
on 8/10/15 1:56 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

just be aware that Biotin will cause hair to grow in places other than you head,like all over your body.

mariarturner
on 9/10/15 5:24 am

There’s not a whole lot you can do really unfortunately. L It’ll either happen or it won’t. You can take a HSN supplement to help the regrowth but honestly, if it’s going to happen it will on some level. I’m sorry. L Your best bet is to cut it shorter if it starts happening or to buy a wig of some kind. There are some nice ones out there. It’s just an unfortunate side effect of putting stress on your body. It’ll regrow I promise. J I used Vita4Life HSN and loved it. I still use it actually. Here’s the link. Good luck honey

Jami1371
on 9/10/15 6:28 pm

Thank you so much!  I will look into trying that.

Most Active
Recent Topics