PatchMD lab update

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/7/15 3:29 am, edited 8/7/15 3:30 am

Prescription D are typically D2 in oil... not the best one for us. 

I use OTC D3 dry . made by Biotech. 100 capsules each 50,000 IU dry D3 are ~$20. I take that 1-2 times a week. for me - itis cheaper than scropt and better. My D is 60-100.... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/7/15 10:30 am

can't edit. again. Not Dare - D are....  ugh

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

AmyDee123
on 8/7/15 2:37 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Are they like capsules that can be opened with powder, or little cap style pills?  My doc likes it if I can open capsules and put the powder into yogurt or something.  Then i'm not waiting for the capsule to break down.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/7/15 7:37 pm

The Dry D3 are a very small capsules that can be opened. But they are so small and they disolve very fast (tested them in bit of water) that IMO - can be taken whole. 

I have no problem with small pills or capsule, small or big. But coated piles, or big pills is still huge issue for me. 

AmyDee123
on 8/7/15 7:39 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Large pills are extremely tough for me, too.  Nothing changed after revision.  If I have to do oral D I will check them out.  Thank you.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/7/15 7:58 pm

The Dry D3 are a very small capsules that can be opened. But they are so small and they disolve very fast (tested them in bit of water) that IMO - can be taken whole. 

I have no problem with small pills or capsule, small or big. But coated piles, or big pills is still huge issue for me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics