I had my first big test and I feel like I failed.

radze09
on 8/3/15 1:06 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

I had the cheddar and sour cream while my husband had sea salt. They aren't bad. It's not Lay's!! But I figure for the protein and calorie count it would work for a "meal" while at the movies. I have been trying to find things I can have that aren't cold while I am out. Jerky is OK, takes forever to eat though. The "chips" took a while too, but the thing is I still am not hungry and forget to eat at times. So when we are out and about for 6 to 8 hours you need something on the go! Overall the "chips" are pretty good. Going to try other flavors too!

AmyDee123
on 8/3/15 12:50 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Oh, and by the way, there is not FAILURE.  Stop feeling that way.  You had a setback, a bump in the road, and enlightenment.  Failure means you give yourself an excuse to give up the fight.  A bump in the road means you have to change strategy, or fight harder.  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

notessss
on 8/3/15 12:57 pm - NJ
RNY on 01/08/15
On April 8, 2015 at 10:08 PM Pacific Time, Grim_Traveller wrote:

CRACKers have been the downfall of more WLSers than any other single food. They are addictive. You can eat a million of them, with no restriction, and you can eat them all day long. They are wasted calories, with no nutritional value aside from said calories.

There's a reason people refer to them as CRACKers. You think, "Hey, 3 or 4 CRACKers for a snack can't hurt. There aren't TOO many calories, or TOO many carbs." And before you know it, you'll be sneaking a whole sleeve of Ritz (550 cals) into bed at night. You'll have a box of wheat thins hidden under your kid's car seat. You'll start taking money from your best friend's purse, just to buy more CRACKers.

Just say no. Don't eat that first CRACKer. You'll thank me some day.

HW=375   SW=324   CW=205  GW=195  

6'2"  

lucky2brh-yahoo.com
on 8/9/15 8:06 pm - Wilmington, NC
RNY on 07/01/14

You just gave hundreds of us a good swift kick in the pants!! Thanks for clarifying the CRACKer problem. You are so right.  Don't even CRACK open the door for the 'carb monster' to ooooze through and re-gain control.  Well said.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/15 1:05 pm

First 6 months is to learn what NOT TO DO.  Hopefully - net time you will remember not to do that.  ... 

BTW - "thought keeps creeping into my head - hey, you can eat chips and you didn't have side effects from them" - no side effects - you call gaining a 1 lb not a side effect? 

I tell people I am allergic to sugar. When someone asks me what are the symptoms- I tell them - "I eat sugar- I swell - I gain weight-fat" 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kaniky
on 8/3/15 1:28 pm
RNY on 05/18/15
On August 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

First 6 months is to learn what NOT TO DO.  Hopefully - net time you will remember not to do that.  ... 

BTW - "thought keeps creeping into my head - hey, you can eat chips and you didn't have side effects from them" - no side effects - you call gaining a 1 lb not a side effect? 

I tell people I am allergic to sugar. When someone asks me what are the symptoms- I tell them - "I eat sugar- I swell - I gain weight-fat" 

I meant more like a "dumping" or nauseous feeling than anything.  That one pound gain is definitely a side effect.  

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/15 1:55 pm

I know what you meant,  but ..along the way I learned that the weight gain is the worse side effect from all the carbs. It lasts the longest... and costs me more (anguish, new clothes,  etc) 

I am a dumper. Plus I have severe RH. ..over the last few years I learned how to eat around those things...  the fat gains - not so much...  soI treat the weight gain as a serious side effect.. another one - is the cravings... once I eat carbs - I want more and more...  getting back on low carb diet takes real effort..  

good luck... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

karin602
on 8/3/15 4:17 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

When someone tries pushing sugary and/or high carb foods I tell them they don't want to see me dump or have a rh attack. Stops them quickly. Ps you're not a failure since you've learned from the experience. No pound is good when it's up but better than two and worth the lesson. Now time to get on the straight and narrow again.

Karin

robinreinhardt
on 8/3/15 4:33 pm

Don't feel to bad! We had a 4th of July party for family and I was off the wagon for 10 flipping days. Just learn from your mistake and I agree to get your temptations out of the house.

Love to you,

Robin

NYMom222
on 8/3/15 5:51 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Our 'fails' are really only fails if we don't learn from them. I know for me if I chose to buy SF Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches I will eat them everyday until they are gone... So not a good choice to have in the house. Chips don't call my name for the most part... you have to know yourself. There are certain foods that I have been amazed at how much I could eat, and I think most junk food falls into that category. The next day after some not great choices means upping the protein and fluids and no starchy carbs or fruit... dialing down the carb/sugar will help you get back in control.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics