What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

lcraver
on 8/6/15 9:49 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

How nice of your SIL to make sure you had a treat, too! Family support is so awesome! 

So, did the octopus taste like a scallop or just feel like a scallop? Inquiring minds want to know. I don't know if I can get past the whole fact that they have tentacles... my whole family loves squid but it's not my cup of tea....they have tentacles, too.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

NYMom222
on 8/6/15 1:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It was awesome to have a little something special. The Octopus was pretty mild tasting but she had seasoned it, so I am not sure if it was the seasoning or the octopus. The only time I liked Squid was at this restaurant around here that makes it fried with a Thai peanut sauce. The big thing is them not being rubbery.... I tried alligator once and it tasted like chewing a rubber band, I spit it out.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mamata2
on 8/6/15 7:45 am

Today has not been my day so I am hoping things turn around.  It started with me waking up with a headache, then i broke my favorite coffee cup (dropped it while drying it after washing, smashed it to pieces) and then I had to endure a 1 1/2 hour meeting that was just painful.  I did manage to work out last night!  I thought of all of you encouraging me yesterday.  THANK YOU!  I have 52 days until my Half Ironman in Georgia.  Anyone local to Augusta?  I would love a cheering section :)

I love eggs but sometimes they don't sit well.  I get in ruts and right now my rut is carbs.  MUST NOT EAT CARBS.  Someone brought in Kringle for their birthday and I am holding my ground and avoiding it like the plague.  The scale has not been my friend with my crappy eating and lack of exercise lately.  I will stick to my menu today!!

Time since surgery: 13 months

B: Grande skinny vanilla latte and Starbucks reduced fat turkey bacon, egg and cheddar breakfast sammy with only half the english muffin

S: Coffee with cream

L: Shredded chicken taco no tortilla (if the food cart is out)

S: 1/2 cp mixed nuts

D: Chicken thigh

Post workout: Protein shake

W/V: Started

E: Bike ride

Totals: Calories 1096, Protein 118, Carbs 68, Fat 42

Have a great day all!

stacyrg
on 8/6/15 9:09 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'm so impressed that you are doing a half ironman. My brother does them and I know the training involved. I'm signed up for another half marathon in November and that may be my limit!  I'm not in Georgia, but will be cheering you on from Los Angeles!!

lcraver
on 8/6/15 9:54 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Sorry about your headache and the coffee cup... and it was your fave, too. If it makes you feel better, I forgot my tea this morning and it pissed me off... I had only drank a little of it. It's my go juice! 

If I was anywhere in the state of GA, I would come to Augusta to cheer you on, but, alas, I am in NC, so remind us in 51 days so we can be rooting for you from home and sending good vibes. 

Tomorrow will be better!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Emiepie
on 8/6/15 2:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope the rest of your day has been okay. Glad you got your workout in! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Stephanie M.
on 8/6/15 8:23 am - Los Angeles, CA

Good Morning! Today is a shopping day for me as well! i saw a dress yesterday with my name on it, and since today is payday, I'm going to make my way back for it :) But first, a full day of work and errands. Then tonight, going to a concert on the Santa Monica pier with some friends (gotta love California!).

I started incorporating a 15 minute meditation in the mornings, and MAN, what a difference it makes with my cortisol and stress level!! 

Time since surgery: 4 years, 2 months (still can't believe its been this long)

B- 2 scrambled eggs, low calorie toast

S- String cheese and apple

L- Leftover Salmon sushi

D- Pork Chop with mashed cauliflower (tastes just like potatoes but low carb!)

Emiepie
on 8/6/15 2:52 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I totally love the Santa Monica Pier. I had a huge NSV when we went to Disneyland for our vacation in Feb. The year prior I was not able to ride the coaster at the end of the pier (like literally was sitting in the ride with my then 9 year old, and the bar would not latch into place so I had to get off) so it was a stop that was necessary this year. I rode that roller coaster with tears streaming down my face.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Stephanie M.
on 8/6/15 5:23 pm - Los Angeles, CA

That's seriously so great! And i understand completely. I avoided roller coasters for all the years I was more than 200 pounds, cause I had heard so many stories like yours. So when I rode the Stratosphere in Vegas, I had a very similar reaction :)

frhoffard
on 8/6/15 9:01 am
RNY on 11/12/15

Good morning everyone!  I'm so glad that today is Thursday!  Had spin class this morning, body sculpt is on the schedule for tomorrow and hiking this weekend.

I really like eggs and hope that doesn't change after I have surgery...I'm flying up to Anchorage to see my surgeon next week.

Today's plan is kinda carb heavy:

S: 1 pouch Syntax Nectar (Caribean Cooler) drank after spin class

B: 1 scrambled egg, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 cinnamon bagel (toasted but dry)

L: 1/2 cup homemade cole slaw; 4 oz grilled halibut

D: 4 oz grillled chicken breast, 2 cups cooked cabbage

S: Light & Fit Peach Greek Yogurt

TOTALS: Cal:843 Protein: 108.1g Carbs: 57.8g Fat: 17.5g

?Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.? ? Les Brown

Most Active
Recent Topics