PatchMD is Bunk

Grim_Traveller
on 8/5/15 4:37 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Berry *****

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/5/15 5:46 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am ashamed to admit what I'd be willing to do for a berry flavored calcium chew...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/15 10:19 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Exactly! Sometimes I sneak an extra calcium. That and my growing addiction to sugar free gum has really cemented in me what an addict I am for things I can chew and taste.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/5/15 11:16 am

just wait... a few more years ..looking at the pills may make you gag...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/5/15 5:04 pm - OH

Exactly!  The first few years were easy... The last few have been a drag...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Chilipepper
on 8/4/15 12:48 pm

Respectfully, Hubert is not a scientist!  

I have started them also. I am a 7+yr post op and have no issues with trying something new. Many things are administered  Transdermally. I had my baseline labs drawn a month ago and have shown and discussed the use of these with a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.  While this is "new" to the marketplace there is no reason why it would not work. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chulbert
on 8/4/15 1:33 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You misunderstand.  I never said a patch "would not work" in principle.  I said this particular product cannot possibly contain the listed ingredients in the listed amounts.  And it's not an issue any medical professional could foresee unless they held one and realized it was nothing more than a sticky piece of see-through fabric.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/5/15 11:20 am

as much as I wish you were wrong - you are right... go figure... 

But jokes aside - if subdermally we only need 5% of the recommended oral delivery to supply what our body need - then 3gr X 5% = 0.15gr very doable in a patch..

But I wish they would say that the patch has equivalen of XYZ when taken orally.  

I hate when product labels do not show the real stuff...HATE it...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

AmyDee123
on 8/5/15 8:45 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Let's be really careful here.  Obviously people here have very strong feelings about this, and we should!  It's our vitamins we are talking about.  Those are really important to us and something we HAVE to take.  It's not like we are discussing the validity of Crocs in the fashion world.  

Opinions are plentiful, and everyone has 2 or 3.  But we do not want to be catty about it all.  I totally respect chulbert and his opinion on these matters, even though I do not happen to agree with him.  We can both throw facts back and forth, but most likely we will not change each other's minds.  That is ok.  No one is forcing the other to buy them or discontinue them.  But we want to exchange the facts we have gathered that make up those opinions and so far those differ, too.  That's cool.  Honestly only time and multiple trials will reveal who is correct in this.

But this is slowly (or quickly depending on who you ask) degrading, and that does not help the conversation, or help the relationships we have all come here to develop for support and love.  

Chulbert, agree to disagree, and I appreciate you actually bringing up this topic so that it can be added to the scrutiny of this new product.  This needs to be said because new products have to go through multiple layers of examination in order to determine its efficacy.  The Patch only went through 1 year of private trials before going onto the open market from what they have told me.  This is still a baby product.  We should all be so critical.  

I hope people can stop being pissy with each other, making jokes at other people's expense, or talking behind each other's backs.  I think we have all had to deal with that enough in the real world with our weight.  There is no need to become the people who brought us down all the time, because of our appearance, over a delivery method of vitamins discussion.  :)

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

jazzycatz
on 8/5/15 12:16 pm - Joppa, MD

I'm sorry but you don't say which ones you ordered. PatchMD? ResproLabs? Living Nutrionals?

(and on the Living Nutritionals website am I the only one who finds that they also sell Liquid Smoke hysterical?)

I don't know that it would matter however in my research I did find it curious that PatchMD was the only one with a multi patch.

Most Active
Recent Topics