PatchMD is Bunk

chulbert
on 8/4/15 11:33 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Then I request you show him the ingredients/nutrition label and the claims made.

In order to deliver molecules through the skin they must have a sufficiently small molecular weight.  You can choose chemicals that have different molecular weights.  However, you cannot take a specific chemical (like calcium carbonate) and just reduce its molecular weight.

"Calcium (as calcium carbonate)...1,500 mg" is a very specific claim.

AmyDee123
on 8/4/15 11:39 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Totally planned.  We are doing our NFL draft later this month and he is going to look at the patches physically and give me his opinion.  Trust me, I want to make sure what I am doing is right.  And I have no interest in the PatchMD business in any way.  But I have a great interest in making sure I am healthy and hoping this will allow me to do that without taking those disgusting vitamins.  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/4/15 5:39 pm - OH

Definitely let us know what he says!  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

AmyDee123
on 8/4/15 11:32 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

And here is exactly what I said to him so you do not think translation is an issue.

"well you know I had gastro and I ******g hate the pills and vitamins now.  too sweet and it makes me not want to take them anymore.  so i got these patches.  but they say they crammed an assload of vites into them and by my calculations the weight of what is supposedly in each patch adds up to almost more than the entire package weighs.  what gives?  I sent them a note and they sent back a 1 line email saying they use nano technology to reduce the molecular weight of the ingredients.  is this hooey?  should i still take my vites or can i rely on this patch to give me all of me vites that are listed on the ingredients panel?"

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

chulbert
on 8/4/15 11:37 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Well for what it's worth, I asked my pharma chemist ex-boyfriend and he said: "what they said is literally impossible given the laws of physics".

Chilipepper
on 8/4/15 6:24 pm
On August 4, 2015 at 11:37 AM Pacific Time, chulbert wrote:

Well for what it's worth, I asked my pharma chemist ex-boyfriend and he said: "what they said is literally impossible given the laws of physics".

So because your ex-boyfriend says something, it must be so?? Yea, I will be sure to live my life according to him. You can choose not to use them but don't give your opinion as an absolute. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chulbert
on 8/4/15 7:03 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Do you ever address actual arguments?

You criticize me for "not being a scientist," as if one needs to be a professional scientist to have an understanding of basic scientific principles.  Then when I quote the expertise of someone who works specifically in this area of this field you that's apparently "just someone's opinion"?

This product is like ordering 5 pounds of flour and having it arrive in a Dixie cup.  You know, because the nanomagic fairies made it lighter. 

If this product passes your rigorous consideration then by all means continue to use it.  I also recommend you buy stock in the company because what they describe would essentially be the single most important scientific breakthrough of the human race.

chulbert
on 8/4/15 11:10 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

THEY RESPONDED!

"we use nano technology that allows us to reduce the molecular weight of the ingredients"

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. I implore all of you to stay away from these products. Really. Please.

selhard
on 8/4/15 6:45 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Chulbert, you articulate your case well.  I don't plan to buy their patch but I am interested in buying their nano technology to reduce my molecular weight.

Navychic
on 8/5/15 5:27 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Lol, I was thinking of buying the stock too...lol

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Most Active
Recent Topics