What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

JB1114
on 7/28/15 3:43 am, edited 7/28/15 3:44 am - Grain Valley, MO

Good afternoon everyone!  I haven't posted here for quite a while but I have been lurking.  This is such a positive cheerful group.  You brighten my day.  

Hubby does the laundry when he is able but I do the folding.  I hate putting everything away.  Emptying the dishwasher is hubby's job also except he leaves a lot of things on the counter saying he doesn't know where they go.  Putting all those things away is a pain.  Mopping the floors used to be my most hated task but I have a steamer now and don't mind cleaning the floors.

I'm still struggling with those extra lbs.  Just can't seem to get them to go away.  I'm really working on sticking with low carb.   Right now I'm really stressed.  My husband had knee replacement surgery last Wednesday and was supposed to come home Saturday.  However, his BP drops drastically when he gets up so he has been unable to do any rehab except for some exercises while lying in bed.  They can't seem to figure out why this happening.  He can't come home until he is able to walk using a walker.  I'm really concerned about the hospital bills.  The first 5 days in the hospital costs him 20% of the total bill.  I'm retired but I think I will have to go back to work.

At least, this is one time stress is not making me eat.

B:  Canadian bacon; coconut bread

L:  Protein shake

S:  Protein bar

D:  ??

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

mschwab
on 7/28/15 12:44 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Check with the hospital to see if they have a medical financial assistance program.  If they are a non-profit, they likely do.  If you qualify, you may be eligible to have some or all of your coinsurance written off.  It's worth a try.  Good luck.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

lcraver
on 7/28/15 1:46 pm - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Sending prayers and good vibes your way!!! Hoping for your husband's quick recovery. 

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics