What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 7/28/15 10:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I believe I would enjoy your closet tour very much.  LOL

frhoffard
on 7/28/15 8:49 am
RNY on 11/12/15

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!  I'm in a great mood this morning; my spin class instructor has been gone for the last couple of weeks and today was our first day back on the bikes.  I did 9 miles on the stationary bike this morning and feel great.  If only the weight would go somewhere  but I see the surgeon for my consultation on August 12 so I'm getting there.  Hope you all have a great day!

Today's menu is a little heavier on carbs but still good I think!

B - 2 scrambled eggs, 1 piece of dry toast

S - Light & Fit Strawberry Yogurt

L - 4oz grilled pork sirloin; 1/2 c. grilled cabbage

D - 4oz grilled pork sirloin; 1/2 c. grilled cabbage

Also - 1 packet Syntrax Nectar - roadside lemonade (drank over the course of my morning)

TOTALS!  Cals: 944  Protein: 118.5g Carbs: 38.3g Fat: 32g

I'm a tad hyper this morning.....gotta love that 5:30 spin class lol

?Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.? ? Les Brown

lcraver
on 7/28/15 8:58 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Your carbs are great and your protein is most awesome!!! You are going to end up not needing surgery!! 

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

frhoffard
on 7/28/15 2:05 am, edited 7/28/15 2:05 am
RNY on 11/12/15

Icraver, I wouldn't mind not having surgery but don't think thats in the cards.  I've been working with my primary dr for over a year now; eating like this, keeping a food journal, exercising and have lost a grand total of 2 lbs.  We even tried different medications.  For a while she was concerned that I had a some form of brain tumor that affected my hormones and glands; I had like 3 CAT scans lol.  But I hope that the combination of the good habits I have now and the surgery will be the tools I need to get rid of this extra person I'm toting around.

?Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.? ? Les Brown

lcraver
on 7/28/15 9:11 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Listen, surgery was the only option for me, too. I was never able to lose more than 30 lbs and that was with hard, major dieting. It is the best thing that I ever did for myself. And, I can't say I have been perfect, but if I am not, my pouch will definitely rebel on me... it keeps me in line. And, I never feel hunger, really. I have head hunger, but that is a totally different animal!  LOL 

lcraver
on 7/28/15 10:06 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

You are going to do excellent!!! What with the hiking and other exercise that you do plus your diet, you are going to be a major success story! I meant to say, earlier, so sorry you had to go through the whole cancer scare thing. It is a terrible word to hear in a doc's office.

Good luck and keep posting!

lcraver
on 7/28/15 2:08 am, edited 7/28/15 3:07 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Well, I am the weirdo here! I love to do laundry and fold it... but I do not like to put it away. It stays on my dryer in laundry baskets. I also like to wash dishes. I hate dishwashers, would rather do them myself. I will admit, though, I hate redding up (PA slang for tidying up). I am the most unorganized person I know. I can never find the right place for anything! And, cleaning a bathtub... yuck!

My menu today:

B: Tea with Sugar Leaf and a chocolate Premier Protein shake

S: Kind bar... I had never eaten these before this weekend... calories are kinda high and protein is low but it is a nice, satisfying snack.

L: 3 oz grilled BBQ pork chop, 1/4 cup sauteed yellow squash with parm cheese

S: 2 HB eggs, sans yolks (just can't eat 'em)

D: 3 oz grilled mahi mahi, 1/4 cup cucumbers

Totals:  Calories - 848, Protein - 85, Carbs - 46 (yikes!), Sugar - 27, Fats - 39

Stupid vitamins started; water, too. Exercise - pool (jog, jog, jog, walk, walk, walk)

Everyone have a good day!!!

Extra added post:  So, I forgot to tell everyone. My gyn onocologist called me back regarding my biopsy last Monday. No big C cells seen!!! He is treating me hormally right now, so he is thinking a biopsy again in 3 months (already scheduled) and if it is clear, instead of surgery, he will keep watching the biopsies closely. I love this doctor... not many oncologists from a big teaching hospital (UNC) will call you personally with results!  I am so blessed with all the doctors I have!

JB1114
on 7/28/15 10:30 am - Grain Valley, MO

Icraver, I love Kind bars and was eating them pretty regularly.  I thought the stats weren't great but loved the dark chocolate ones.  Last week on GMA they compared some so called health bars and found the stats for the Kind bar are very similar to a Kit Kat candy bar.  I know.....bummer.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

mschwab
on 7/28/15 12:36 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Great news on the health front.  Thinking of you and hoping that all of your oncology biopsy reports come up negative!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

M. P.
on 7/28/15 10:24 am
RNY on 03/07/17

I am notorious for throwing all of the clean laundry in a pile on the bed in the guest bedroom and then searching though the pile for clean cloths while getting ready in the morning. I only end up folding and putting away that huge pile of cloths once every week or two- or when someone is coming to stay! LOL I have two boys and end up washing 2+ loads a day! I hate laundry!

Most Active
Recent Topics