I'm so mad at myself

Eggface
on 7/27/15 9:48 pm, edited 7/27/15 9:48 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Are you chatting with a therapist about your food issues... I would. Life is gonna happen... and they can help you with some way to cope when the you-know-what hits the fan that doesn't involve cheetos & chocolate. There are always going to be choices to be made...  it's really not up to the world to adapt to us but... you don't have to go it alone... I think of this as a war against my obesity... if I was in a war I wouldn't go onto the battlefield alone I'd want a team to have my back (Dr's, dietitian, support groups, therapist, family, friends, online groups) and help me win.

Prepare too... Bring some snacks that are better choices to have around too... a few almonds (those Dark Chocolate Sea Salt ones are great for chocolate urge), tuna packet, jerky, crunchy cheese or roasted chickpeas.

Best to you. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

SDPoodleMom
on 7/28/15 7:51 am

I moved away from my therapist 10 months ago but I have skyped her a couple of times though.  Just a money issue right now since insurance won't cover it anymore since I am over a certain distance from her now.

I am making the chickpeas and crunchy cheese tonight!

I have a hard time with hard foods even 2 1/2 years out from surgery.  Sometimes yes and sometimes no.  But I'm going to give it a try!

Highest weight 287lbs. Weight at surgery 265lbs. RnY 12/06/2012. Personal goal weight 150lbs. Lowest weight 155lbs. Size 28 2012 - size 8 2014. I Will Succeed!

Eggface
on 7/28/15 8:18 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Maybe call the nearest bariatric program and ask for the name of the Dr. they use for psych clearances, or maybe your therapist can refer you to someone they know local or https://www.oa.org/meetings/ an option till you find a different therapist. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

supershopper
on 7/28/15 6:36 am

Hi

Your co worker can stuff her body full of whatever food she wants and has a right to. You have to make the best choices for you and ignore what every one else is doing. I would recommend this book if you are interested: Food, a good girls drug. Talks about how to deal with triggers, which can happen due to various reasons. Sometimes boredom, stress, anxiety, sadness, etc. You need to make sure that whatever emotion you are feeling before you gobble the cheetos and junior mints you identify and find another avenue to keep your fingers from picking them up and eating them. It could be a walk, listening to music, meditating, there are all kinds of things to do instead. I've been spending time the past 3 weeks reading the book and seriously working on my emotional eating. It's extremely hard and I get it, and I've had a couple impulses at the grocery store to grab a pile of chocolate bars and eat them, but I stop myself and realize that eating a couple bars of chocolate does not help me at all- there is no benefit to doing this except immediate gratification then feeling like *^&% for many days of beating yourself up about it.

hope this helps.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Missella20
on 7/28/15 7:18 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Hi,

I have the same problem! My co worker and friend keeps a large container full of miniature chocolate bars in the office we share with 8 woman. I love them!! I asked her not to but everyone else in the office enjoys the treats too. My first year post surgery I did a great job never eating the candy! But my second year post op it has been very difficult to resist. I pack my lunch and never go out for lunch even when co workers insist because it just gets me in trouble and I know this. So the chocolate has been a constant temptation. I rarely eat it but I KNOW YOUR STRUGGLE. My problem fixed itself because my friend retired last month. But I completely understand how you feel and it's easy to say be strong and just don't do it! But....life happens.... Good luck!!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

SDPoodleMom
on 7/28/15 7:54 am

I actually share a cubicle with her and she keeps mini boxes of Jr. Mints in a bowl on her desk and the cheetos balls in a tub so that the engineers will come over and flirt with her (rolling my eyes).

Well I KNOW she hates the smell of jerky and pork rinds... smirk

I'm not a *****!, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not.

Highest weight 287lbs. Weight at surgery 265lbs. RnY 12/06/2012. Personal goal weight 150lbs. Lowest weight 155lbs. Size 28 2012 - size 8 2014. I Will Succeed!

frhoffard
on 7/28/15 9:14 am
RNY on 11/12/15

I know what you're going through.  I work in a food-centric office.  There is a potluck everytime I turn around and half the staff have bowls of chocolate on their desks.  I started keeping apples and those cuties oranges in a basket on my desk with a tub of almonds.  I haven't had surgery yet so eating the fruit doesn't bother me.  A few of my co-workers have been offering to help me keep the basket stocked because they have started eating the fruit too.  I hope it gets better for you.

?Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.? ? Les Brown

SDPoodleMom
on 7/28/15 11:40 am

Every Wednesday is Bagel and Donut day here.  We all take turns bringing in 4 dozen bagels and 2 dozen donuts.  I always add fruit and veggies like cucumbers, avocados and sliced tomatoes.  Thank goodness it only comes around once a year for each of us.

I just make it a practice to make sure I stay out of the employee lounge that day; bring my lunch with blue ice so I don't have to go through there to the frig to get my lunch.

auntmimi
on 7/28/15 9:44 am

I have a .25 candy machine next to my desk. Its full of Peanut M &Ms. These were one of my downfalls before surgery. You get 7 candies for a quarter. Its Hell trying to resists them. Some days I dont. I buy a quarters worth and calculate it into my daily plan. I dont do this everyday. Just every once in a while when the mood strikes. I keep every kind of sugar-free gum imaginable in my desk. Eh, you win some-you lose some. 

Most Active
Recent Topics