How long was your 3rd week stall?

Amy H.
on 7/28/15 9:16 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/08/15

Oh my Amy, I feel like we are twin souls right now! I am only a week ahead of you and came on here looking for advice when I came across your thread. I have been in a stall since week 3 or so. I have only lost 20 lbs and that was all in the first 3 weeks. I have gone up and down .5 lbs the last 4 weeks. I am going crazy! When I had my band put in years ago, the lbs came off 1.5 a week or more. This is so hard, and I am not sure how to make it any better either. My dr told me it could be until week 6 before I saw some movement and that wasnt unusual, but the further I get from that week the more it hurts. I do feel better since surgery, but I have been lower before with my full weight loss after band surgery and am dying to get there again. All I keep saying is "what am I doing wrong!?!" 

Very few things depress me, but this one has gotten to me big time. Plus a lot of the time when I eat i feel blah after which doesn't help or make me even want to eat. I do because I need to, but it is hard. You have a wonderful hubby as well, what he is doing for you is so great!

Crossing my fingers for both of us!!!

Amy

banded 12/2006, slip revision 7/2013, revision to rny 6/8/2015

AmyDee123
on 7/28/15 12:08 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I hear ya on the "very few things depress me".  Everyone is totally unsure of how to deal with me.  They see me upset and just say "cheer up, you can tell you're losing.  it will eventually show on the scale."  You can't just CHEER UP.  to hear from my doctor that it could be 6 weeks is a bit frustrating, but at least we are almost there, right?  And that it is so common.  All we can do is stay positive and hope that soon we will be looking back on this and wondering how we got so worried.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Amy H.
on 7/28/15 1:20 pm - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/08/15

Exactly!.... hoping that maybe one day I forget to weigh in and the next day it just magically moves! lol  My worst issue is that i leave for vacation in 6 weeks and was hoping to be down a certain amount of lbs and everyday it is looking bleaker and bleaker to reaching that goal. And it wasn't even that big a goal for Rny... making the vacation planning more stressful. Ahhhhh 

Maybe it is really harder for revisions to loose as quickly or as much. Hoping we can break through that!

Amy

banded 12/2006, slip revision 7/2013, revision to rny 6/8/2015

robinreinhardt
on 7/28/15 2:40 pm

Amy,

Don't give up! Everyone is right there totally is a 3 week stall. I feared the same thing because all of my diets in the past have been failures. Just keep active and do you need to see the dr. for your depression? Stay positive and you will be amazed. Take care.

Love to you,

Robin

AmyDee123
on 7/28/15 5:41 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Thank you Robin!  Yeah, i was prepared for the 3rd week stall.  its that it has been going for 3 weeks now that is wearing on me.  But yes, I am gonna ask for an appt with the psych.  I need it.

bthaggard
on 7/28/15 5:26 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

I understand your frustration. I had surgery on June 15th and stopped losing after the second week. My stall just broke on Monday and I lost 2 lbs. Waiting to see what the rest of the week will hold for me. We can and will make it through this stall!!!

In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.

AmyDee123
on 7/28/15 5:42 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

AWESOME!  That gives me hope!!!

robinreinhardt
on 7/28/15 5:44 pm

Perfect! See the doctor.

love to you,

Robin

White Dove
on 7/28/15 8:35 pm - Warren, OH

I am almost eight years out.  I am still maintaining and currently six pounds under my goal.  What matters is that you stick to your plan, lose your weight, and learn how to maintain.

It does not matter one bit what I weighed on any particular day or at any particular week during the losing phase.  What matters is that you stay on plan and get to your goal. 

I hope that eight years from now you are at or below your goal and realize that the journey is lifelong.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics