here I am.. 7 years out.

SkinnyScientist
on 7/28/15 7:31 am

ok. So you know what the issue is..jiff, pasta and white cake.

Buy a spiralizer and make zucchini noodles and toss that stuff out. 

Keep running.

Continue to be a rock star.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/27/15 2:57 pm

Hey, good to see you back!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

KittenLove
on 7/27/15 4:18 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Thanks!! I try to read every now and then but
Not as active here as i used to be. Now i know
People are reading this and thinking if i had
Remained active here maybe i wouldng have
Gained this lil bit and they may be partially right.
But it comes down to choices and i over
Compensated for activity. Lesson learned.

Be happy. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/15 3:10 pm - OH

Hey, stranger!!!  I was thinking about you last week and wondering how you were doing! 

Yep. It gets hard, and a lot of us fight small amounts of regain (I will be 8 years out next month and gained about 15 pounds between my knee replacement surgery 18 months ago and a summer works schedule from hell last year. I have lost half of it again, but am still working on the rest (and menopause is not making it any easier).)

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well! Miss you.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

KittenLove
on 7/27/15 4:21 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Hey kitty cat! Glad to see you!

Mama had both knees replaced and she swears
It was the best thing ever so best wished to you!

Complete hyst at 29 so A max dose of Premarin and hitting 38 in a few months has my hormones/body all sorts of funky LOL

I still consider myself a success regardless and
Hey, i now have an ass that went missing for
A few years!!

Hows the pup? Is Deb here?? Nik??

Be happy. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/15 7:38 pm - OH

Deb is around off and on, but Nik hasn't spent any time here for a couple of years.  The Bariatric Foodie stuff keeps her busy and she decided to go to grad school part time last year... 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

seattledeb
on 7/27/15 10:09 pm

Hey Kitty! You running Queen!!

I'm back after about 2 years off. I kinda spiraled off after my kidney transplant,mom dying,sister dying, and having to take retirement because of the side effect of meds. I can tell you that for my body it will always want to hold onto every calorie it looks at. The food thing is better and I'm adjusting to my new life.

I feel comfortable here. I'm sure my honesty about regain scares the **** out of some but it doesn't stop me. I've never been very good at guilt. I do like hearing how people are doing further out. The first 2 years are magic weight loss time. **** gets real after that. My greatest success was maintaining my weight loss for 3 years after I lost it.. I look forward to getting down to that sweet spot . That's my goal.

Hope you'll pop by. Would it be inappropriate to congratulate you on your new ass?

Deb T

LynnAlex
on 7/27/15 4:22 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

That's always been my problem.  I am real active, and I eat too much.  I read on here somewhere that a poster said after a sports activity, she eats 1/4 to 1/2 of the calories lost and then brushes her teeth and tells herself to stop.  I am working on this method, but only about 50% successful.  Good luck to you.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

Most Active
Recent Topics