here I am.. 7 years out.

KittenLove
on 7/27/15 9:53 am - Around Knoxville, TN
9/2 will be seven years!!

I now have a stepgranddaughter, i landed my dream job in april this year, i completed a bucket list item in January (Dopey Challenge- 48.6!) and im healthy overall.

And my overall response?

This sh&t gets hard. I am 20 lbs up but making progress! Im the only girl in the world who runs 4 full marathons in less than a 12 month span amd gains 20 pounds!!!! It is what it is..

Keep on truckin!!!

meow

Be happy. 

Jaime M.
on 7/27/15 10:36 am
RNY on 08/31/15

Maybe that 20lbs is muscle mass?!?  I would think so after all that marathon-running.  But congrats anyway, those are awesome accomplishments!

KittenLove
on 7/27/15 4:10 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, its not realistic to gain that much muscle..sigh. I will admit that i think i look healthier and more "robust"

Be happy. 

SkinnyScientist
on 7/27/15 11:46 am

Sorry about the weight gain..but is your size still the same?

All I can say, is my body/knee craps out 12 miles...so I cant even do a half marathon. You are a Goddess for doing FOUR FULL Marathons!!!!

I bow down to you!!!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

KittenLove
on 7/27/15 4:13 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
No bowing
My size is anywhere from a 4 to an 8 depending on brand and fit. My running BFF swears im insane when i told her i had gained the weight. Damn it tho..it becomes so easy to eat eat eat after those weekend long runs.. But u cant out exercise a bad diet.

Good luck to you! Ive started doing run/walk intervals and it has helped my right foot tremendously!!

Be happy. 

SkinnyScientist
on 7/28/15 7:30 am

take care of that foot.

And I know what you mean about the eating. It is even encouraged in running communities. Do a harriers run, go sing bawdy songs, drink beer and eat.

And one of trainers was telling me that I was getting too lean and needed to eat more!  All I could think was "huh?"

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Thomas H.
on 7/27/15 12:37 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

Hell, that 20 lbs is probably all muscle. :)

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

KittenLove
on 7/27/15 4:15 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Damn i wish LOL. I think a small bit maybe
But the rest is Jif, pasta and white cake

Be happy. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/15 7:35 pm - OH

Did someone say cake...?!?!? Mmmmm....

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lynnc99
on 7/27/15 9:12 pm

Yeah, that'll do it. But congrats on the marathons (I can't do the running thing). I'm right there with you on cleaning up the eating to kick the regain lbs to the curb - but what you DO have going for you is that exercise takes your metabolism up a definite notch. You burn more just standing still than the person who sits around on the couch all day!

Most Active
Recent Topics