A very bad NSV

The Salty Hag
on 7/24/15 11:17 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Yikes, that's scary, but glad you found it.

I bought a thin silver band in a smaller size as a "stopper" so my rings wouldn't fall off. I liked the way it looked so much that I even had the stopper resized when it was time. It makes my rings look more impressive...LOL. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/15 6:48 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

That's a good idea! I work in a hospital, so I wound up making a sizer out of a tiny piece of oxygen tubing sliced lengthwise.

christinerocks
on 7/25/15 4:15 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Look at you, and your awesome weight loss! Great work.  

Yes mine have fallen off several times now. I'm not resizing until I'm at my lifetime weight so I'm following Kat's lead and getting a cheap set.  I have no idea what size I wear now.  

Good luck and congrats! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Loveandlafs
on 7/25/15 5:11 am

I threw an armful of laundry down the stairs this week and my rings went with it!  Thankfully I noticed it right away and found them.  I will resize when I get to goal weight!  For n ow I locked them away.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/25/15 6:36 am - OH

I lost a diamond anniversary ring (and did NOT find it) when I delayed getting it sized after I lost weight (partly because I was procrastinating and partly because I didn't want to have to have it sized twice).  I was heartbroken for weeks.  I was able to find a very similar ring to replace it with, but it still isn't quite the same.

I am so glad you found yours!  Now... get it sized ASAP!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hyder1ab
on 7/25/15 6:40 am
RNY on 05/06/15

So far I've gone from an 11 to a 9. I did have it re-sized already because I needed stones to be replaced anyway. It was included in my rings warranty. I am going to get a ring guard in the future. Any jewelry store should be able to help you with a ring guard.

burghblonde
on 7/25/15 6:56 am
RNY on 05/12/14

So glad you found it! I stopped wearing mine until I had a chance to get to my cousin's jewelry store to have a guard put on because my rings were forever slipping down my fingers at the hospital. So happy to be wearing them again!!

Of course, I did make a wish list while I was there for a new one. Look out hubby!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

selhard
on 7/25/15 6:57 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

In case anyone is wondering the cost to resize, I paid $35 flat fee no matter how many sizes down.  The jeweler said the price included the store getting to keep the hunk cut out.  Keep in mind, fingers are a bit swollen in the summer compared to winter.  This must be the week of bad NSV's...  I tripped and fell on my brick patio, but was able to jump right back up again unhurt.

Maria27
on 7/25/15 7:49 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

So glad you found it. I have already gone from a size 9.5 to a size 6! I found a sterling silver garnet ring on Amazon for $35 that I love. The only downside is that it looks like I am only engaged.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

The Salty Hag
on 7/25/15 8:40 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Get yourself a silver wedding band...or have hubs get one for you. I found mine at Kohl's..it was $30. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
Recent Topics