Not a great Surgeon checkup

SkinnyScientist
on 7/25/15 1:01 pm

"Most of them have no idea what it is like to actually be obese, go through having surgery, and learn how to live after the fact."

This is SO true. Last week I paid 85 bucks to be told by my NUT to keep doing what I was doing despite having high T and a high A1C again. I tried to explain to her that ability to predict the future is based on past experiences and my past experience is:when this happens I gain weight.

I am very anxious about this (i.e. gaining weight cuz the PCOS after WLS) and the psychologist RAISED HER VOICE at me and later said that neither she and probably my NUT are concernced because "there is nothing to be concerned about and I just may not be hearing it"

All I can think is WTF. There is a KNOWN problem. My endocrinologist is working hard to keep it from becoming a further problem and I am trying to pre-emptively stop any weight gain (which has happened reliably in teh past) and you think there is no problem?

I hate judgey/dont get it skinny people. I would like them to live the 3 worst years in my skin and the 1.5 BEST year in my skin (i.e. the 1.5 years post WLS) and write an essay about the experience...the trying hard and never losing and having people judge you like you are sneaking cookies 24-7 and bowing out of gym class. Report back and tell me if there is NOTHING to worry about.

Effin-medical ********

End of rant.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

catwoman7
on 7/23/15 8:11 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I occasionally glance at those monthly loss things that some people include in their signatures.  A lot of them report losses of 20-25 lbs the first month, although I've seen some in the 15-20 lb range, too.  As for subsequent months, I have *never* seen anyone report that they consistently lost 20 lbs each month.  Never.  Most of the losses in subsequent months are in the teens, and after a few months they drop down to single digits.  That PA is nuts.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Navychic
on 7/24/15 7:14 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

What she said ^^^^^  :-)  Youll get there!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Susie2756
on 7/23/15 8:57 pm

first I want to say congratulations on the amazing job that you are doing with your weight loss!  not all of us lose massive amounts rapidly, I know that I did not. I started out at 369 lbs on November 26 2013, today I weigh 179 lbs, still loosing to date .please do not let morons like that get you down!   honestly I shoot straight from the hip and say it the way it is, people who have that type of mentality imho are ass clowns!  you are rocking it and keep your chin up! :-)

Susie2756
on 7/23/15 9:22 pm

I just have to say, I have felt this way at my check up appointments. I follow my plan, log my food intake daily, hold myself accountable .I do not understand why we should feel ashamed if we are doing what we are supposed to do and we don't lose as  fast as the other Jane Doe ! Imho the only time I will feel ashamed or sad is if I fall off plan. I never learned squat from my nut, my knowledge came from here, the vets. I cannot get the font to correct itself so enough of my rant. I wish you the best :-)

christinerocks
on 7/24/15 5:42 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Melinda this just ducks. And aren't these the same people who told you to eat bread and crackers? 

Look, we had surgery at the same time so I am a newbie. But I read the vet responses here and they all agree your PA is an asshat and you are doing great. I hope you believe that.  I also see that the successful folks just kept at it, month after month.  Those 8 and 10 pound losses add up fast. Besides, when was the last time you lost this much? You are doing great and please don't lose sight of that. Hang in. I know you have what it takes to make it all the way to goal and stay there. Be stong! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

mute
on 7/24/15 7:31 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks. Yesterday wasn't great but today I'm trying to remember that I've been really happy with where I am weight loss wise. These aren't the same people that told me to eat that but they are connected to those people lol. One of the things that made me so mad was that the PA acted like I wasn't following the diet - but didn't ask at all. She said well stay away from soda and limit those carbs. I wanted to respond look, I haven't had a SIP of pop since January and YOUR nutritionist told me to eat rice and pasta but I was smart enough to realize that was wrong. But I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. Now I'm regretting that. 

christinerocks
on 7/24/15 6:03 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15
lcraver
on 7/24/15 7:11 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Don't worry... you are doing great!!! She should not be working in a bariatric surgeon's office... period. I personally would try to see if you can talk to your surgeon and tell him about your experience. WLS is hard enough without getting good support from your team!!!

We love you and think you are awesome!!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Capogirl
on 7/24/15 7:42 am

You are doing great!  Don't let the turkeys get you down!  I did lose 20 lbs the first month, but my second month I only lost 10.  My dr. was not concerned as long as I was still losing.  This past month I've lost 17 lbs.  Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine.  

Most Active
Recent Topics