Home Alone after surgery

sor09
on 7/23/15 3:10 pm, edited 7/23/15 3:11 pm

Congrats! Take your time, since this is a new beginning. I got a drive home, and that's was about it. I got kids but not able to help me. Get ok from surgeon before showering... incisions and drain issues, and getting them wet. Best wishes for you too.

MickeyDee
on 7/23/15 11:58 pm

I was alone for the entire recovery and felt great.  Took Lortab as needed for pain, slept as needed, walked gently, had a neighbor take me to the grocery store once.  

It's scary to think about all the re-arranging going on inside, but nothing shows, so it's just a matter of getting used to a new way of eating.

Most importantly, remember to stay hydrated.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/24/15 7:09 am - OH

I live alone and have been by myself after several lap surgeries with no problems whatsoever.  The worst part was bending over to pick up the dogs' bowls to refill them, LOL.

I'm a little confused by your concern about falling in the shower, though. Do you have a history of instability or falling? If not, I'm not sure why you would be more likely to fall in the shower after surgery... (?)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Queen JB
on 7/24/15 11:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have had really bad reactions to the meds. They make me very lightheaded and woozy--not to mention nauseous. In the first 24 hours I didn't feel too steady on my feet, but it's passed.

snoopy123
on 7/27/15 11:59 pm

You will be just fine. I came home to my empty house and loved it..

Most Active
Recent Topics