What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 7/20/15 6:29 am, edited 7/20/15 6:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

What up?!  Happy Monday to all!  So how hot was it this past weekend anyway?  My husband, who is a moron, decided that temps in the 90s with swamp level humidity was the perfect time to steam clean the carpets and move all the furniture.  I was hot, sweaty and seething with rage all weekend.  LOL

I mentioned this late on Friday, but my crazy knee rash actually did turn out to be Lyme disease.  Figures.  LOL  So, I'm on doxycycline for a month and I have to monitor my temperature and rest.  During the hottest part of the day yesterday, I was borderline delirious so when my husband asked me to shuttle a bunch of crap out the van I yelled, "I have Lyme disease, I'm fatigued!"  LMAO  I'm totally going to keep using that line for as long as I can.

Time since surgery:  just over 1 year

B:  coffee, HB egg and a Babybel light

S:  Click Mocha!

L:  turkey/string cheese rollup, 34 degree rosemary crackers w/a  wedge of LC and some turkey pepperoni.  I was scraping the bottom of the crisper drawer this morning to cobble my sad desk lunch together.

D:  2 turkey cheddar brats

TOTALS:  Cals:  856  Protein:  80  Carbs:  38  Fat:  39

Look, today I'm not even trying to low carb it and this is what I come up with.  I don't work well under pressure!  LOL

melissasue1982
on 7/20/15 6:36 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Oh crap.....Lymes is NO FUN!! Make sure you keep up with the Doxy and rest!  ALSO....while on Doxy the sun is NOT your friend (Im sure they told you that)

Time since surgery 3 months 2 weeks (maybe...close enough)

B: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

L: 1/2 old neighborhood chinese sausage & 1/8 zoodles with soy sauce and toasted sesame oil

S: Lights string cheese

D: Taco pie

S: 3/4c fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax vanilla bean torte

Totals: Cals: 580  Protein: 72  Carbs: 19  Fat: 23

I woke up this morning and my eyes are so swollen...I look like I was in a fight!  UGH  My eczema has been really bad on my face/eye lids/lips lately...and I cant get into my dermatologist for 3 MONTHS!!  UGH So I made a regular doctors visit for today....hopefully she can help :(

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 7/20/15 6:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ugh, what IS it with dermatologists and the wait time?  Everyone I know that sees one on the regular has a hell of a time getting an appointment.  Hope your regular doc can offer some relief!

Capogirl
on 7/20/15 7:01 am

Good luck with the Dr.  Hope you can get the eczema cleared up.

Capogirl
on 7/20/15 7:03 am

WTH?   My tracker is messed up. 

Sarah M.
on 7/20/15 7:49 am

Thanks for the recipe link! I need more ideas!

My 18 mon old daughter gets eczema by her eyes and I have had more than one person look at me with the "yeah right" look when I say it is eczema. I hope you get some relief!!

hl1524
on 7/20/15 6:51 am - Austin, TX

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  Weekend was good but as always too short.  My husband and I are trying to plan a mini vacation in a few weeks.  We have both been under a lot of stress and just need to get away and unplug.  Thinking about Portland Maine or somewhere further up north to go.  

Sorry to hear about your Lyme disease...glad you were getting that checked out!  

Time since surgery 10months and some change

B: premier shake & coffee with cream

S: quest bar - (Should have made some real food instead)

L: turkey and cheese roll ups

S: almonds

D: We cooked an entire ham on the grill the other day...we will be having this for a few nights.  

Totals: Cals:880 protein:100 carb:37(high for me) 

RNY 8/27/2014

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/15 3:07 pm

Cape May is always a nice place to go. Not too far from Philly. 

NYMom222
on 7/20/15 6:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow feel better everyone! Glad you went to the Doc AV and glad you are back in the saddle. Thanks Mamata2 for pinch hitting. Supposed to be a warm sunny week which I am excited about. Means lots of pool and sun time and probably people coming over. AV when u coming downstate to swim??? I have a guest room that has a private bath and I sleep up to 5 in there .... Was determined to get on here this morning. Have been very melancholy and contemplative about my one year anniversary Thursday and birthday Saturday. Surgeon appt. Thursday. Had movement on the scale this weekend so that is alwasy a plus.

B: Tea, Rye toast, PB and 1/3 banana

S: Premier PRotein

L: BBQ Chicken, tomato salad

S: Protein Bar

D: Grilled fish, curried vegetables

S: SF Itelain Ice (if needed)

Vit: Yes, Exercise: Swim and Self-defense class

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 7/20/15 6:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! OMG AV...I can't believe it was Lyme disease-that's crazy.  Hoping you feel better soon.

It was muggy here in central CA after a pouring thunder/lightning storm on Saturday. But we did spend a nice weekend celebrating my hubby's birthday (which is actually today.)  Hoping they get our A/C working in our office building shortly, anytime there is a power outage the "cooler" (that is what the property manager calls it) needs to be reset. It's only 82 in here right now but it'll get hotter quick!

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach, bacon and cheese, fruit (apple slices, and grapes)

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge 

L: P3 pack and some cottage cheese with baby carrots

S: L&F Greek blueberry yogurt, and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Grilled mahi mahi, broccoli with melted cheese and artic zero chocolate peanut butter (yummy)

S: No sugar added outshine bar

E: 45 mins stationary stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1065 Protein:97 Carbs:108 Fat:24

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics