Surgery 7/14 ... thought I was prepared but...

AmyDee123
on 7/21/15 9:14 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Anesthetic can linger in your system and keep you emotional.     And passion always triggers an emotional response in us.   Stretching doesn't help.   You have to move.   The pain in my left side didn't go away till about a week ago for me.   It gradually gets better to where you don't notice it anymore.   And pain killers don't help.   Get up and walk.   Also make sure you are taking a stool softener if you are still taking pain killers.   You don't want to add that pain to everything.   see if you can stomach some blended potato soup, butternut squash soup, cream of anything, cheesy broccoli soup.   Add some protein powder to each.   

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

crazy4birds
on 7/21/15 9:27 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I  felt good the first day too but then I opened my big mouth and told them the pain meds were making me itch (hmnn...sounds like a song) so they took me off them.  The new liquid pain meds combined with the clumpy protein and I thought I was going to puke up my new insides. Luckily the third day I told them I didn't want the pain meds and my queasiness subsided.  Thank goodness cause it took over 6 hours to get home.  I too had left side pain but luckily I was able to control it with liquid tylenol.  It does get easier each day.  It might seem like some have it easier with the pain but I think it depends on where your incisions are and which nerves were involved.  A few years ago I had a hernia surgery and I had one bad incision on my upper left.  I could not move for a week without excruciating pain yet the pamphlet I received said that some people could go back to work a week later.  I eventually called the doc and he told me it was either muscle spasms or nerve pain.  

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Heylove
on 7/21/15 11:34 pm

It will get better.  :)

Lap RNY (6/2003) - Open DS Revision (3/2015)

Emiepie
on 7/22/15 7:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have no words of wisdom, but just wanted to say that I am sorry you are having a rough time and that I hope it gets better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics