The Wrong Support!

Chilipepper
on 7/22/15 7:08 am

Then I would welcome his support wether you agree with it or not. He is trying to help you keep yourself honest about what you are eating. You realize you aren't following post surgery guidelines. He isn't putting the food in your mouth, you are. He is pointing out what you seem to be ignoring. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Laura in Texas
on 7/22/15 7:48 am

Honestly, many of us do not make mistakes at 7 weeks out. I did everything by the boo****il I got to goal. I was not going to screw up this opportunity. I was a very unhappy person at 340 pounds and not much fun to be around. I knew if I did not get my weight under control I was going to continue to make everyone else around me miserable, too.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

DanaDenise
on 7/22/15 1:40 am, edited 7/22/15 1:45 am
Chilipepper
on 7/22/15 8:45 am

Sounds like you not only have compliance issues, but denial issues as well. If you were so happy and healthy being morbidly obese you wouldn't have sought out wls. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

DanaDenise
on 7/22/15 8:54 am
Chilipepper
on 7/22/15 8:57 am

I don't have any anger.  I just pointed out things you have said. 

DanaDenise
on 7/22/15 9:00 am
SkinnyScientist
on 7/22/15 11:00 am

I dont understand this post. What you are saying is not logical. Are you accidently eating too much or are you willfully eating too much?  Why are you willfully eating beyond the recommended amounts that your surgeon set?  Are you still hungry?  Food addicted?  I do not understand.

"You can have all of the knowledge in the world, but have to make some of your own mistakes to really understand." -Huh?  The issue isn't understanding. The issue is following your surgeons plan, at the appropriate stage to lose the weight. No need to re-invent the wheel. Your surgeon has developed it for you.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/15 4:15 pm

I woudl start commenting on thing he does. Like driving. "slow down.. you going to kill us", why are you driving so slow". "Watch for the driver on your right. " "why are you pumping the breaks" 

comment on how he eats,  drinks. Ask him to slow down his eating eating..."why are you shoveling the food in your mouth? you going to choke"... etc etc.. one day - he will get it and hopefully stop being food police to you. 

On another hand - are you complaining to him when you get sick if you eat too much/too fast/ the wrong foods?  doe she have to take care of you when you get sick?  if the answer is yes- then maybe he has a point? 

when I get sick (for whatever reason)- if affects my Bf and our activities.  so, when I do something that I know I should not - we both suffer.  He supports me 100%, but at the same time - I gave him the rights to comment on my eating if he noticed that I either don't pay attention (eat too fast, too much)  or try to eat the wrong foods.. 

At the same time he saw me sobbing from pain way too many times... crashing due  to RH... way too many times.. (I had severe issues due to food allergies and intolerances - and until I discovered what was causing it - I dealt with enough of issues)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DanaDenise
on 7/21/15 8:09 pm

I really haven't been sick yet, but I know what you mean.  Sometimes I might make a face when I realize I eat too fast or rub my stomach. I do believe he has the best of intentions, and he was SUPER supportive through recovery.  So I know it kills him to think I may have suffered for nothing.  Thanks for making me analyze instead of shaming me even more!  I want my thinking to be challenged, but not in a shameful way...I realize there is a fine line.

Most Active
Recent Topics