SOOOO STRESSED OUT

MariMoms
on 7/20/15 8:35 pm

OK SO IM A WEEK AWAY FROM MY YEAR POST OP N I HAVENT EVEN LOST 100lbs I'm getting so depressed it's ridiculous, n when I see someone who had the same rny as me n not even 6-7 months post op n have lost more than me I get a little frustrated. Also I can eat more not much more but more than before, n I feel like that can't be right. So than I get in a slump again. Should I go back to my first diet of only fluids again seems I lost the most than?

NYMom222
on 7/20/15 8:56 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am a few days away from my one year anniversary and it does get harder. I get scared sometimes at how much I can eat. Sometimes when I am stalled I toy with going back to all liquids, but I don't really think it is necessary. I still drink a protein shake everyday. Some people don't agree with this, but I am in the weigh myself everyday camp. I think it helps me stay focused. My friend asked me last week if things had become 'second-nature' and I said yes and no... I find I am constantly evaluating what I am doing. Count your protein, Drink your water and make sure starchy carbs aren't sneaking their way in on a regular basis. It gets easier to eat those things further out....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AmyDee123
on 7/20/15 9:17 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Track you food, stop eating carbs, and make sure you are getting 60 to 100 grams of protein a day.  You have to be honest with yourself about your diet.  Dense protein will be better than going back to liquid since liquid phase will have more carbs and keep you full longer.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/20/15 10:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

We all can eat more as time goes on. But you've been pretty much stalled for a long time now, and if you want to lose more, you're going to have to find a way to eat less. 

Your best bet is to skip the liquids, and follow the long term plan -- dense protein first, no refined carbs, sugars, or starches. Weigh your food, and track every bite. You can't control how much you eat if you don't know how much you've been eating.

You can do this, but it's going to be hard work. It will be harder as time goes on, so the sooner you start, the better. Good luck.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Ethel S.
on 7/23/15 1:36 am

You are my inspiration!

Ethel S.
on 7/23/15 1:38 am

You are my inspiration!

MariMoms
on 7/21/15 5:34 am

Thanks for all the feedback I swear it's been driving me nuts, being stuck like this. But I will definitely do this, for I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Thank You Thank You everyone.

Deedles
on 7/21/15 6:59 am - Highlands, TX

In addition to what's already been said, go back to measuring your portions. Our pouches may be small but they can still stretch. That also means it can go back into shape! As long as I've been doing this I still don't trust my eyeballing abilities! It's fine when I'm away from home but I can't depend on it all the time. What helps me is I have certain dishes I use that I know the measurements of. A friend of mine is a potter. He made me a small plate with portion sizes for protein, veggies and carbs drawn on it in a cute pattern. If you didn't know what the swirls were for you'd think it was just decorations!

Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

MickeyDee
on 7/22/15 11:32 pm

Track your food;  it's all too easy to start eating the wrong thing.  Also, try weights training or biking.  Or if these don't appeal to you, do something fun;  just get your body moving.

And stay off the scale;  everyone is different and not everyone will lose X amount of weight in a year.

Laura in Texas
on 7/23/15 5:34 am

Be honest with yourself about how much you are eating. Measure your portions and track your food. As others have said, you need to eat less to lose more weight. Be proud of the weight you have lost and do what you need to do to lose the rest. I was also over 300 pounds when I started. It is hard work, but you can do it!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active