"Tiny-framed human"

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/15 6:25 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I had a really strange NSV last week. I wore "regular" business casual clothes to work when I normally wear scrubs, and a work friend (who had VSG herself last December) told me I'm a "very small person." I'm still over 190 lbs, so when I responded with a confused "huh?!" she said, "I mean, you're just a tiny-framed human!" I certainly never thought of myself as "small-boned," but I took my wrist measurement when I got home, and sure enough, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, I do indeed have a small frame size for my height. So weird, and so much for using a "large frame" as an excuse for my weight! Of course, that means my healthy weight range is likely lower than for a medium-framed human my height, so the downside is I might have farther to go with weight loss than I initially thought.

NYMom222
on 7/20/15 8:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was trying on a bracelet one day and the salesperson said, "You have tiny wrists" I thought "WHAT????"

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Capogirl
on 7/21/15 5:04 am

I never thought of myself as having a small frame, but I always had small wrists and ankles, never had cankles (except for the last couple of months of my pregnancies).  I have always had thunder thighs, years of gymnastics when younger made sure they stayed that way.  I also am kind of busty, so you can imagine my surprise when my surgeon told me last month I was "tiny" on top.  Most of my weight that has come off is on the top portion of my body, I have gone down a couple of bra sizes and 3 shirt sizes and I have collarbones!!!  So, yes I guess I am sort of "tiny" on top, but I still have quite a rack LOL! 

SandieMc49
on 7/21/15 5:19 am
On July 21, 2015 at 5:04 AM Pacific Time, Capogirl wrote:

I never thought of myself as having a small frame, but I always had small wrists and ankles, never had cankles (except for the last couple of months of my pregnancies).  I have always had thunder thighs, years of gymnastics when younger made sure they stayed that way.  I also am kind of busty, so you can imagine my surprise when my surgeon told me last month I was "tiny" on top.  Most of my weight that has come off is on the top portion of my body, I have gone down a couple of bra sizes and 3 shirt sizes and I have collarbones!!!  So, yes I guess I am sort of "tiny" on top, but I still have quite a rack LOL! 

I am very envious that you are "busty"

After surgery my breastesses deflated and now I have tube sox with a marble in them!

Capogirl
on 7/21/15 5:36 am

Don't be, they do nothing but get in the way, and mine are tube sox too, but a good bra can do wonders. 

Deedles
on 7/21/15 6:13 am - Highlands, TX
On July 21, 2015 at 5:19 AM Pacific Time, SandieMc49 wrote:
On July 21, 2015 at 5:04 AM Pacific Time, Capogirl wrote:

I am very envious that you are "busty"

After surgery my breastesses deflated and now I have tube sox with a marble in them!

LOL! I have the same 'breastesses'...we must be twins!

Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

The Salty Hag
on 7/21/15 6:53 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Triplets!!! I can sling 'em over my shoulder like a continental soldier! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

selhard
on 7/20/15 10:06 pm, edited 7/20/15 10:09 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Here I go...Step 1 Read 4Fur Kids post, Step 2 click on link for frame size calculation chart,  Step 3 measure wrist,  Step 4 hold breath large frame-size excuse still stands,  Step 5 exhale with relief it does,  Step 6 stop making excuses.

Capogirl
on 7/21/15 5:18 am

According to the link I have a "medium" frame.  OK, I can live with that.

The Salty Hag
on 7/21/15 7:00 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Finding out I am small framed as well made me revise my ultimate goal to 135 before any plastics. I'm 5'2" ( and a half!! ), so that puts me a pound under the highest weight I can achieve a "normal" BMI. 

I'm taking my sweet time getting there. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active