Increasing Problems with Constipation

Caroline K.
on 7/15/15 9:57 am

Oh, I hear you. Miralax + stool softeners don't do anything for me, but upping my magnesium in consultation with my naturopath has somewhat helped. I also have really low vitamin A, and low D, so we're looking a doing a few other tests to try and figure out my absorption issues (my family doctor isn't much help, since he's more interested in his botox side-business.)

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

selhard
on 7/15/15 1:26 pm, edited 7/15/15 11:29 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Appreciation goes out to you and H.a.l.b. for sharing magnesium.  I checked with my local clinic's self-pay lab list and magnesium is on the list for yet another thing I can do on my own.  IndyRose sounds like she'll be doing the same.  The title of this post "Increasing Problems with Constipation" is something I get, so thank you to all of you.

zann50
on 7/16/15 5:43 am

Yep, magnesium is part of my "bowel care"....sounds so hip LOL!  I figured it was the best part of MOM.  Milk of Magnesia...sp?  Avocados are great.  Increase fat content and fiber.  

Good luck

Zann

VGS- 2015

IndyRose
on 7/15/15 8:28 pm

I am hopeful the answers lie in the responses above!  I am optimistic, anyway!  I honestly don't know how I am going to get 1200 oz of fluid in, but I am going to try. Hadn't heard about magnesium helping. Unfortunately, my bariatric center has experienced a serious loss of physicians and thus, other support personnel.  I don't feel that the staff left have current info on bariatric issues which is troubling to say the least.

Most Active
Recent Topics