RNY Buddies

marysmom1216
on 7/14/15 9:11 pm

I am looking for a few people to communicate back and forth with on this journey.  I am finding that people just don't get it when I talk about this journey.  I am tired of hearing I took the easy way out, as this is so far from easy.  I am currently 4 weeks out, I had my RNY on 6/18/15.  I am 37 years old and my weight one week prior to surgery at my pre-op appt was 244lb.  Last time I checked a few days ago I was 222 lb.  I am struggling with food and when to start working out.  Would love to just email back and forth and have a support network.

Alicia

Grim_Traveller
on 7/14/15 9:15 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

This whole website is a great support network. Stick around, and communicate with a whole bunch of people who "get it."

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NYMom222
on 7/14/15 10:00 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you find you hit it off with someone or have a question you want to ask them further there is an ability to private message them, and you can friend request them. As Grim said, stick around and read there is a lot of support here....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Ariann555
on 7/15/15 11:12 am
RNY on 06/12/15

Hi!

I am 37 as well and had surgery 6/12/15. What are you struggling with exactly?

boxtop2006
on 7/15/15 11:26 am
RNY on 03/24/15

Welcome and congratulations on your surgery!  You will find a lot of info on this site, from people who are right around where you are to the Vets who have been there done that, to the folks who have gained weight back and are trying to get back on track.  It's a great site to be on!  First off I would like to say don't start any exercise until you have been released to do so, that being said walking is always ok so just start there and walk as much as you can!  You say you are struggling with food, what are some of the things you are struggling with?  What phase are you on according to your doctor?  I would suggest as soon as you can, start tracking on My Fitness Pal (MFP) so you know how many calories, proteins, fats, sugars and carbs you are consuming daily.  It's a good way to take accountability for what you eat.  Also, it is very important to sip, sip, sip!  You need the water, at this stage in the game it may be hard to take in as much water as they want you to but you have to do your best to get it in!  Remember don't drink while eating, this is a big no no!  Good Luck and keep us posted!!

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/15 6:57 pm
RNY on 06/30/15

Hey there!  RNY 6/30/15 and almost same stats!  I was 242 one week pre-op,  and just went today for follow up and am 222. 

I know I just started puree foods,  but my biggest struggle is eating.  I don't get sick or have pain,  but before all of this,  I was one of those people that only ate once a day,  maybe twice. I'm never hungry now,  so I have to make myself eat,  and it's hard for me to get in 3 "meals" a day right now,  even though they're tiny.  Not that I'm full or sick or anything,  I just have to really remind myself then force myself to do it.  What are you struggling with? 

mariapizarro8
on 7/15/15 7:15 pm

I am one of those people If I let myself I will eat only once a day and have not had my surgery yet I think that will be my struggle as well I also work in a busy pediatrics office I work front and back mostly back so I'm so busy I really don't know how I'm going to get all my liquids in when I'm at work any suggestions are appreciated.

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/15 7:29 pm
RNY on 06/30/15

I think it's different for everyone and you really have to do what works for you.  If your work environment allows,  maybe get in the habit of ALWAYS having a water bottle at your desk.  I've always been like a camel,  drinking 100+ounces of water per day (post op now I'm closer to 60) and I just keep my water with me like most people do their cell phones or glasses.  My water bottle is an extension of me!  I'm a kindergarten teacher and in the off chance I am in a hurry and leave it on my desk when we leave the room,  one of my kids will always notice and offer to go get it for me.  :)   I'm off all summer getting adjusted to this new diet and life, and I hope I can make the transition back to work without breaking any rules!  It may be easier because I'll have a routine.  I'm also a full time student in law school (I know,  I'm ridiculous.  It's stupid,  really) so once kindergarten starts back,  so does the 45+ hours/week of class time,  reading,  and briefing for that.  My first year of law school I gained 46 pounds!  10 months!  So come august,  I will need a lot of support and I will have to be armed with a good plan!  

Most Active