weight gain

JA
on 7/14/15 4:30 pm - East Haven, CT

Hi There,

Carbs no matter what the caloric value will make you gain; stick with good protein, i.e. chicken, fish and grilled veggies and that will get you back on track.  Watch the sugar intake too that will get you.  Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/15 6:49 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

How, pray tell, will 100 calories' worth of carbs make you gain when 100 calories of fat or protein won't? Carbs make you crave more carbs, so you tend to eat more total calories when your diet is high in them, but calories from carbs aren't somehow "more caloric" than calories from any other macronutrient. That would defy the laws of physics.

TracyLynn2BThin
on 7/15/15 3:25 am

Seems people are focusing on only half of what is needed to be successful. Are you exercising? You need to get your body out there and move so it burns calories for you and your overall health is better for it. If you are exercising, step it up with watching those calories. Just my 2 cents 

♠ RNY 7/07/14 HW 320/CW 143.4 (09/23/2015) GW 150 ♠

siberiancat
on 7/15/15 9:57 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Calories from carbs and calories from protein and fats are not equal.  They affect blood sugar and insulin output differently and fat storage differently,  I'm not a scientist but I've read lots.  Click on my name or picture for some good books to read.

All calories are not created equal or metabolized equally.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Sherrie P.
on 7/15/15 6:35 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

My advice is change. Clearly what you have been doing is causing gain. How long have you been tracking your calories? I doubt for 7 years. You are probably being more mindful right now.  If you are limiting sliders does that mean you were eating them? I know that carbs are the devil. I refused to believe it early on - but I have drank the koolaid and am a believer that getting rid of sugar and carbs is the only way to maintain.  That and exercise.  I went back to a shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and low carb dinner to drop a couple of pesky pounds and help detox my recreational food distractions. I am guilty, hell if I ate right all the time - I would not have needed weight loss surgery in the first place!  No one is perfect, you just have to find something that works for you. I like to eat eat eat delicious things. So to eat delicious things I have to kick up the exercise, etc.

Good luck!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active