Sex and EXTRA SKIN

Layla_N_Cancun
on 7/16/15 3:33 pm

I am scheduled to have my RNY in mid November. I have done alot of research, read most comments here, even talked to a friend who had RYN but was unsuccessful. I know that there is no doubt going to be extra skin. My question is... Has any of you had a problem with your husband, wife  or significant other not wanting to have sex because of the extra skin? Or finding your extra skin gross? I know this might be a touchy subject for some but I would really like some input. I keep thinking my husband might feel this way afterwards, even though he says he won't. Thanks in advance

Felicity Q.
on 7/16/15 3:47 pm
DS on 09/28/15

When I was post-op for my lap band, my husband and I were able to do more sexually than previously due to the weight loss. Of course, everyone's results may vary, but being able to do more physically was much more of a turn-on than any excess skin would be a turn-off in my situation. Good luck to you!

Layla_N_Cancun
on 7/16/15 4:36 pm

FelicityQ, Thanks for you thoughts. I too agree that a better flexibility would be more of a turn on. Maybe its more my insecurity of knowing I am going to have this extra skin hanging...I don't know, guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Thanks again.

Laura in Texas
on 7/16/15 3:52 pm

My boyfriend met me when I was thin and fell in love with me when I was obese. He loved me thin, fat, and thin with floppy skin. He loved ME. I did end up getting plastic surgery because the skin bothered me, but he never wanted me to have plastics. The skin never bothered him in or out of bed. I believe if someone truly loves us it will not matter.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Layla_N_Cancun
on 7/16/15 4:39 pm

Thanks Laura, My hubby knew me when I was thin too. We got married while I was Extra heavy. So maybe your right, the skin is nothing for me to worry about. I too plan on having the PS. I am already saving for it.

Thanks Again

aesposito
on 7/16/15 4:01 pm

My boyfriend doesn't care.  He appreciates the fact that I am, um, more flexible than when I was obese.  We sometimes play with the various flaps and joke about them... and he has offered to pay for plastics if/when I want them... but he has made it clear he loves me for me, fat or thin.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Layla_N_Cancun
on 7/16/15 4:33 pm

Audrey, I appreciate the honesty. All I can do is hope that the truth is the truth. My husband says its not gonna bother him and I am praying that its true.

NYMom222
on 7/16/15 4:40 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Your husband will have to do some adjusting in this process as well, trust him to be able to do it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AmyDee123
on 7/16/15 4:52 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

My husband did not find the extra skin a turn off when i lost with the band, and is not finding the skin a turn off now.  He says it makes it extra soft, and always has his hands on me.  I know its also his way of supporting me in making me feel confident and sexy.  He has been very blunt in telling me that when I put myself down, or hide because of things I don't like, or complain about things that he finds it unsexy.

So basically, your husband will be like most men and just like that you are naked and happy.  If you are unhappy when naked, it will most likely make him not happy.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Layla_N_Cancun
on 7/16/15 5:25 pm

Thanks AmyDee, I truly think the real problem is going to be me. I am really going to try and work on this before it hits me full force. I am not a vain person but I do know this extra skin thing is gonna have a hold on my self confidence.

Agian thank you

Most Active
Recent Topics