Going to Summer Camp

selhard
on 7/11/15 4:23 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

It sounds like you are planning WLS for next summer and want to be at camp shortly afterward, right?  Even though you are seeking information from anyone that went away long term, please read my party-pooper opinion, anyway...  My experience weeks following WLS was physically and mentally challenging enough to know two months of camp or two months of anything wouldn't have been a good idea.  Being home was the safest, securest, and best place for me to heal and adjust.  RNY surgery is just as serious, if not more, than the health issues that are keeping you from camp this summer. But, then again, the preceding replies didn't caution you as such, so maybe others don't see it as risky as I do?   

AngelaLynn11
on 7/11/15 1:34 pm

Actually I'm planning my revision THIS summer...before August 31.  Its the best time to do it since my detectible will be satisfied from the hysterectomy I will be having in a week.  I know I need a revision...its just to what?  My surgeon is fine with doing it this summer. 

As far a camp goes...we go ever summer.  I have missed it so very much this year! 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Most Active