Starting my journey

baileycat
on 7/9/15 6:07 am - Blackwood, NJ

My name is Laurie and I've been a lurking member for quite some time.  I saw my surgeon on Monday, July 6, 2015 and I'm finally ready to have the gastric bypass after much thought, research and prayer.  I trust my surgeon and even though this wasn't my first choice as to they type of surgery (originally I was going to do the sleeve), I feel very much at peace in taking his recommendation for the bypass given my medical history.  I have all of my pre-op clearance appointments scheduled and I've started to wean myself from caffeine and straws (yes, straws as I use them for everything lol).  Once all of my clearances are done, then the next step will be to meet with my surgeon again and schedule a date for surgery and get insurance authorization.  I'm hoping to be able to have surgery the day before my birthday in October, which will be the best birthday present I could ever give myself.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and will update with news of my insurance approval and surgery date.

Laurie

Kathyjs
on 7/9/15 6:50 am

Congrats on choosing to have a new healthy life. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/15 6:58 am

Best wishes to you. I have to say this was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel so much better. 

iloveravens
on 7/9/15 7:03 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Best of luck to you!  Welcome aboard.  :)

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Zonechef
on 7/9/15 8:23 am
RNY on 12/03/14

Welcome Laurie and I wish you all the best. I had my RNY 7+ months ago and I could not be happier. Keep us posted and please reach out any tine you have questions or just need some support.

Jaime M.
on 7/9/15 9:18 am
RNY on 08/31/15

Welcome and congratulations to you.  It is definitely a hard decision to make, and I, much like you originally thought I was going to be going in for a sleeve, only to find out~contraindicated with my medical history.  I still believe this will be the best thing for me and I will not regret it long term.  What a fabulous birthday present to give to yourself!

Best Wishes!

M. P.
on 7/9/15 11:03 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Hello Laurie!

I have just started the process to have the Gastric Bypass as well. I have pre-approval from my insurance pending the surgeons final approval, I have dates scheduled for the pre-surgery seminar and for my behavior/heath review by a physiologist. If everything moves forward as I am hoping you and I may be scheduled for surgery around the same time.

I hope you and I can talk more through the process and I wish you the best of luck!

Melissa

Jen H.
on 7/10/15 7:52 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Welcome Laurie! It will be a great birthday present.  I know it's the best decision I ever made for myself and worth every hoop they make you jump through to get there. 

Most Active