PostOp 12/2012 - Update/Med Story (Warning: LONG TMI READ) Anyone w/severe...

NYMom222
on 7/8/15 12:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Wow, quite a journey.... but the story is still being written. Hoping for the best. H.A.L.A. has some great insight, maybe some of it will speak to you. Oh, and BTW you body looks slamming! great job...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

teach2
on 7/8/15 6:07 pm
RNY on 12/23/14

Rock n' bod!  Good luck to you!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

Bchica15
on 7/8/15 6:12 pm
with

You look great. My hope for you is that you feel better. You have been through a lot!

strongerthanyesterday
on 7/9/15 12:38 am, edited 7/9/15 12:38 am - VA
RNY on 12/17/12

Good morning all of you beautiful ladies and gentlemen :)

I am floored by these sweet replies. You are all amazing. I just got back from meeting with surgeon. It was a new person but I'm glad it was, he explained that the colostomy would NOT work for my situation. It would not relieve my symptoms. SO that being said, we are looking at the Diverting Loop ileostomy. His major concern seemed to be that I needed to recognize the chance for dehydration, which I had read about. Fortunately, after undergoing RNY I know the importance of hydration but at this point, drinking more water is NOTHING if I can go on and live my life!! I will be meeting the ostomy nurse tomorrow and back to the surgeon(s) next Thursday! Time to get this show on the road!!!!!!!!! I will continuously check here to get support, advice, information or just for a laugh/smile. I seriously can't thank you all enough. ❤️ Stories, tips, guidance welcome if anyone has an ostomy!!!! God bless.Sami

steff1970
on 1/8/16 12:32 pm - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12

Well hello there and God bless you.....I too had a colostomy performed in January 2010 at which time I was a whole lot more sicker than even the surgeon thought...he just kept saying it was because I was morbidly obese and a smoker at the time....I was 39 years old and my youngest child was only turning 14 the following June well let me tell you while I was in the recovery room I aspirated into my lungs and needed CPR then was in a coma for 2 weeks while my family had to watch as their mother was needing around the clock care from a nurse even though the surgeon did say in the beginning it was just routine....anyway fast forward to 2012 that's when I got my RNY done in Guelph and I lost all my extra weight and more.....fast forward again to September 2013 and my surgeon in Guelph offered to reverse my colostomy because he said I deserved to have the best quality of life as I worked my ass off....literally so I agreed and for the most part that was fantastic however I was missing my bag so to speak as it did save my life....fast forward again to February 2015 well I wasn't feeling well for a few days and just figured it was because I was using too many muscles pulling my grand daughter in her new sled.....wrong.....I ended up in the local emergency room yet again but this time I was literally dying and I never even knew it....I fell in the lap of one of the best surgeons ever to live and that woman saved my life....I had a totally impacted colon from top to bottom literally and the entire thing had to come out immediately...I was so in-coherent and in such pain and distress that I don't even remember most of the time there until I made it in my room on the floor...she removed the total 5 foot section of my colon as it was necrotic and starting to leak into my system and was poisoning me.....that being said I now have an Ileostomy and that I will keep forever....it's almost been a year since that ordeal and I've finally come to terms with having this type of bag as this is nothing like my colostomy....I had a lot of fun with my colostomy and my Ileostomy is not much fun at all....I guess what I'm saying is keep your chin up and you too will find a way to enjoy your new life with or without a bag my prayers are for you and hugs ....take care and all the best

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Most Active