8 Years Post-Op / Where do I go from here?

Laura in Texas
on 7/10/15 5:36 am

My favorite success story is Gina's. I hope she will see your post and respond. She got to goal 9 years after her RNY. HERE is her story.

Others have given you good advice. Forgive yourself. Go see your surgeon. Make a plan to lose weight. It will be hard work. You have to believe you are worth the effort. You have been through a lot, but now is the time to take care of YOU!!

Stick around here for support. Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/15 7:06 am

Laura thank you for sharing Gina's story. I am sure there are a lot of lurkers reading this and it will help them also. 

ChadShaft
on 7/10/15 1:14 am, edited 7/10/15 1:14 am

Your doctor may be disappointed in you, but that's part of life. Any good doctor is going to help you regroup and get back on track with the best options available. It's tough sometimes to hear what the the doctor has to say, but it's better than not doing anything.

Plus you have a son now, what disappointment is going to be worse, the doctor's cause you've hit a bump in the road or your son's disappointment when you can do all the physical things he wants to do as he grows up?

White Dove
on 7/10/15 3:48 pm - Warren, OH

I sent you a private message

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

selhard
on 7/10/15 10:11 pm, edited 7/10/15 10:12 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

The center for weight mgt I went to has an entire program set up for regain patients which   includes revision surgery.  A friendly suggestion would be to go back and simply say, "I lost focus and am ready to get back on track." Period.  The medical staff have been trained not to make you feel like a failure, rather they are trained to help you strive for success.  Onward and Good Luck.

Most Active