Starbucks?

burghblonde
on 7/28/15 6:34 am
RNY on 05/12/14

Even the 'light' frappucinos have over 20 grams of sugar from the base alone, if I remember correctly it's closer to 25 grams. In my opinion it's not worth it. I try to stay under 10 grams of sugar as a rule and even then I apply that to things like fresh fruits, yogurt, and perhaps a graham cracker with peanut butter when I am craving something sweet. I also try not to do too many drinks with sugar free syrups in them only because I was a victim of a mix up once. I was traveling and ordered a latte with skim milk and sgf caramel. I don't have dumping syndrome, however, sweets put in me a state of what I refer to as a "carb coma". I drank about a quarter of it and immediately got a tad nauseated but the 'carb coma' feeling set in. That's where I get extremely tired, almost like a zombie state. To sum it up, I am certain that regular syrup was used in that drink. So now I only order these drinks if I can see them making them. That way I can guarantee they are making them properly. Otherwise I order a plain latte or iced  coffee and add a packet of splenda on my own. ;)

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Poodlemac
on 7/9/15 10:03 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I love my coffee!!  If I'm at Starbucks I'll get a plain latte, no foam, then add one Splenda and a few sprinkles of plain cinnamon. Deeee-licious!!

enjoy your trip!  Chicago is next on my list of American cities to visit. Merica!!

SkinnyScientist
on 7/9/15 3:01 pm

I got to starbucks at least 3 times a week. Prior to surgery, the baristas woudl cut me off at triple venti.... claiming quadruple wasnt good for my heart or health.

What you want is "skinny" versions of their drinks.  Skinny in starbucks lingo means, SF syrup/flavors, skim milk and NO whip cream.

So...lets say you want a carmel latte, lowest possible calories. You would order 

A venti(biggest size) skinny carmale latte.

Soem of my favorite skinnies are

Skinny carmel macchioto

Skinny carmel latte

Skinny Cinnamon Dolce latte (some have the sf syrup and some dont)

Oprah iced chai (i believe a grande/medium runs about 130 calories).

Enjoy starbucks

oooh...stay out of the fraps like carmel ribbon/smores etc. There is real carmel, chocolate chunks, toffee crunches in those. Those "garnishes" which are used with a heavy hand by generous baristas DO NOT come in SF. They are caloric but taste wonderful. I recommend NOT TEASING/TEMPTING yourself with them.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

RNY on 03/11/15

I had my RNY a couple weeks before you and have been having coffee occasionally for about the last 6 weeks. Before surgery, I could easily down a triple grande caramel macchiato. Now, I get a short latte with half a Splenda and am able to sip on it for quite awhile. I initially thought it was going to taste horrible without the flavored syrup, but my tastes have changed enough that it tastes really good. One word of caution... While coffee suppresses the appetite for many, it can increase appetite for some. Unfortunately, it definitely increases my appetite throughout the day if I have more than one shot of espresso, drink drip coffee, or get in the habit of having it too frequently. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

cheapskate
on 7/9/15 5:54 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE a tall iced coffee with sugar free syrup. I have them put it in a venti cup and I put my premiere protein shake in it...Did I say I love it?

Don 1962
on 7/11/15 5:15 am

My name is Don and I'm a Starbucks ****!

Venti latte with 3 pumps each of SF caramel and SF vanilla, 2% milk and no foam, please.  (Foam takes up space that could be filled with coffee.)   Decaf after 5:00 PM otherwise leaded.  The kicker - it is 40 miles ONE WAY to the nearest Starbucks from my home.  Unless I'm on the road, like this weekend, they see me most every weekend!  If no time for SBX then have a Keurig Rivo at home.

ahlthrmom
on 7/11/15 4:46 pm
RNY on 05/26/15 with

Decaf, tall skinny cinnimon dolce latte. No caffeine, no sugar, no fat. Just delicious.

tnysgrl27
on 7/13/15 9:11 am

This is my order SF Mocha, Frap light, decaf with a scoop of protein Tall. The manager assured me no sugar. I love that I can have some protein added. 

seattledeb
on 7/16/15 6:49 pm

I didn't drink any caffeine the first 6 months. I went to a tea house and drank a pot of black tea. I have never been so wasted in my life. Everything was going so fast I couldn't think. I felt really bad. 

Now I'm a total coffee and tea hound. My plan has one latte a day. It's the one drink I drink that has calories.

Have fun in Chicago.

Most Active