Starbucks?

Maria27
on 7/9/15 7:24 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Do you realize that the taste of Chicago is going on this weekend? I hope you are not planning on spending time in the loop. It is going to be crazy with the smell of food and people walking around with food everywhere. Plus getting anywhere is a nightmare! I highly recommend staying away from Millennium Park this weekend.

You should try some black tea. That was the first caffeine I started drinking after surgery.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

mute
on 7/9/15 7:27 am
RNY on 03/23/15

My BFF lives in the suburbs and generally hates going to actual downtown Chicago because traffic is a ***** But I don't know what we're doing because it's a surprise for me so I couldn't say lol! I think we might be going downtown one day but I'm not sure. I won't be driving - but thank you for the heads up, I'm sure Cori is aware since she lives there. 

NYMom222
on 7/9/15 7:41 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I wouldn't worry too much about trying the caffeine... I had caffeine day one on my tray in the hospital.  The thing you have to worry about is just to be sure they give you sugar free syrup, and I would start with one or two pumps just to make sure it agrees with you. When you ask for SF syrup in a frappachino, it still has frapp syrup which has sugar in it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/15 7:48 am

You could always try Starbucks has little packets like they make for Crystal light. Try one of them with milk. I am sure there isn't much of a difference.

Good for you about eating in. It's a good way to save money to.  

Maria27
on 7/9/15 7:06 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

There are many options at Starbucks. A tall nonfat latte has 100 calories and 10 grams of protein. I like it plain, but they have sugar free flavored syrups if you prefer. You can also try one of their many teas, just ask for unsweetened. They have splenda packets you can add yourself if you want. You can also get either iced. As a side note, you may want to give black coffee another try sometime. I couldn't drink it at all before surgery because it upset my stomach, but I discovered that I can drink it just fine now that it doesn't actually go into my stomach. I have become a coffee lover since surgery even though I never drank it before.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

NYMom222
on 7/9/15 7:14 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My personal favorites are the lattes.. coffee and milk and then you can tell them how much skinny syrup to add. My order "Grande Extra Hot Latte with 2 pumps skinny vanilla, one pump skinny caramel, stirred" My son used to work at Starbucks...LOL- They normally use 4 pumps of syrup, I find that too sweet, I like extra hot so it doesn't cool down so fast, and stirred because they aren't required to stir the syrup from the bottom if they are busy unless you ask. The tall has one shot of expresso, the grande and venti have 2 shots.

Enjoy!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 7/9/15 7:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I was able to add caffeine back in at around 4 months. I love my skinny cinnamon dolce latte (drinking one right now!) which has fat free milk and sugar free syrup. I am fortunate and have not developed issues with milk. Hope you have a great time with friends!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/9/15 8:08 am

I no longer get any Starbucks flavored coffe. On 2 separate occasions they served me drinks with real sugar - no SF. I got sick. No longer will take the chance. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

burghblonde
on 7/9/15 9:36 am
RNY on 05/12/14

Skinny lattes are my go to at Starbucks! You can do them hot or iced and skip the whip cream!! Most of them carry vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, and some still have peppermint mocha all in SGF options. Be wary of them telling you they can make frappucinos in SGF types. The bases contain sugar so even though they can flavor using SGF syrup the cream bases still contain LOTS of sugar. Iced coffee with a splash of one of the SGF syrups is always a great option as well. I also drink 3-4 coffees a day so I am not be the perfect patient in relation to coffee consumption, but I asked my doctor at my last appointment if he was going to tell me to lay off the coffee. His response..."No, because that would be like someone telling me to stop eating bacon." Haha

Have fun!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

beckyp0320
on 7/27/15 8:11 am

Do you know what the sugar content of the frappes are of just the base if we do SF syrups?

Most Active