7 Year Surgiversary

JB1114
on 7/8/15 6:12 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Today is my 7 year surgiversary.  I'm so happy I had RNY.  I have regained a few lbs. and can't seem to get them off.  It's been 3 years since I've seen my surgeon so I'm going to schedule an appointment with him.  My PC does my blood work every year.  I did ride my stationary bike for 30 minutes today so I need to do that every day.  Exercise is something I put off because I just don't like it. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

AngelaLynn11
on 7/8/15 6:56 pm

If you don't mind my asking how much weight have you lost?  I currently have a lapband but am thinking of getting a revision to an RNY.  My doc said he'd do it for sure and I'm a good candidate.  Can you give me a brief weight loss diary of you last 7 years?  Positives and negatives?  TIA  :)

JB1114
on 7/10/15 5:29 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Sorry for the delay in answering you.  I wasn't able to access OH yesterday and I was gone all day today.

I lost 70 lbs.  My surgeon suggestion a goal of 15 lbs. more, but I didn't work at getting there like I should.  I was so pleased with how I looked and being to shop in the Misses department, I didn't pursue that last 15 lbs.  Now, I'm sorry I didn't.  I maintained my loss until about a year ago.  I got careless with eating, was grazing too much and didn't exercise. 

I really have to negative thought about RNY.  There have been no complications and I'm really happy I did it.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Kathyjs
on 7/9/15 6:39 am

Find an exercise you do like because it's such an important part of long term success . Stationary bikes are boring to me. I have a woman who rides bike everynight with me , makes it go fast and before you know it 5-10 miles is gone

bac527
on 7/9/15 7:10 am

Congratulations on your surgiversary! Getting the regain off is tough, but can certainly be done and you seem on the right track to doing it. Good luck!

Most Active