Where to I click to join this group?

Betty Todd
on 7/8/15 9:28 am - Seattle, WA

I would like to join this group, but can't find it in the babillion groups - how/where do I join?  

I am 14-1/2 years post op Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery.  I lost 120 lbs, but have gained back 20.  It looks like I've gained more because I have lost 2 inches .   

Betty Todd
Houston, TX to Kerrville, TX to Seattle, WA

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/8/15 9:33 am

it is a forum. you don't need to join. You are in...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Betty Todd
on 7/8/15 9:48 am - Seattle, WA

Oh YAAA!  Thanks for the quick response.  

Betty Todd

Grim_Traveller
on 7/8/15 10:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You must have snuck by the sentinels. Welcome.

Eventually, we all get shorter.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Baerny
on 7/8/15 10:35 am

I just wanted to say you look amazing! Almost 15 years and still keeping the weight off, that's so great! 

Betty Todd
on 7/8/15 10:52 am - Seattle, WA

Thanks!  Apparently, to my mother, it doesn't look like it.  Until I told her to stop talking about my weight, she'd tell me all the time "I just don't want you to get back to where you were."  ... like, I'd want to do that!?  I am 68 and Mom is 92, I guess we never grow up in our parents eyes, but I got rather upset because she would mention it too many times.

Betty Todd

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/15 12:09 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I agree that it's inspiring to see someone like you who looks so great and has kept off so much so many years later! I'm only a couple months out, but I'm already dealing with this with my 92-year-old grandmother. When she found out I was losing weight pre-op, she started calling me every week just to ask how much I've lost.  

Betty Todd
on 7/8/15 12:22 pm - Seattle, WA

When Mom brings it up, I can feel my jaws clenching and I get angry inside. My sister has been up to almost 200 lbs, but she never said anything to her about it.  And, when Mom does it, it's always in front of my sister. GRRRR   Once something continues, I eventually get a smart mouth and that slows it down somewhat.  Do you see your grandmother a lot?  If not, tell her that it's a secret and you want her to see you rather than imagining how much you've lost.  Maybe it's also her way of connecting with you.  I don't know how people think any more.  But, when people bring up weight in a negative way, it's kind of cruel to me.  

What kind of fur kids do you have?  I have only 2 cats right now; I had 5 at one time ... because I fostered baby kittens for my vet in Houston, TX and they were all so cute.  

Betty Todd

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/15 2:27 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

That certainly sounds familiar! Since we moved to the west coast, I only see my grandparents and extended family every other Christmas, so this coming Christmas will be the first time in 2 years. I'm sorry your mom treats you so unfairly. My grandma is at least an equal opportunity offender...she's been obsessed with everyone's weight for as long as I can remember. I don't think she intends to be unkind, but it REALLY bothers my husband when she starts asking about his progress (he had VSG 2 weeks after my RNY). He comes from a family that doesn't really talk at all...his parents don't even know we had surgery!

Aww, I would love to get into fostering if my husband would let me! But one of our cats was our first foster back in 2009 and turned into a complete foster failure...6 years later, he's not leaving us any time soon, so there's no way I'd be allowed to try again, haha. I'm actually down to 3 fur kids now, a dog and 2 cats, after I had to have my 9-year-old bunny put down last month.  :(

Kathyjs
on 7/8/15 4:47 pm

My mother does the same thing !!! I am 65 and she is 87. We never outgrow our need for moms approval. I am happy with my loss but now I look like a little old lady, sigh . Welcome to our group!!

Most Active