Please help...

The Salty Hag
on 7/6/15 4:45 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

This isn't meant to sound rude, so forgive me, but your nut/dietician sounds like they have no clue how a WLS post op is supposed to eat. Breads ( well, and rice ) of any kind should be the absolute last thing ever added back into your diet. Bread may be bland, but it does NOTHING nutritionally for us at all. At all stages, protein should be the first thing you eat. 

I feel for you. You seem like you want so badly to do well, but you just keep getting lost. I think you should go back to liquids like a couple of others suggested, then start back on pureed foods. I hope you can get this sorted out. 

It may also be time to see if you can find a different dietician; one *****ally and truly specializes in bariatric food plans. 

I wish you much good luck. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

kim_pei
on 7/6/15 5:47 pm - Canada

Hi ..sorry your going through a rough time.  I am 6 weeks out of an rny but i hear what your saying about the vomiting....I was given the same diet as you and I couldnt tolerate it either.  Listen to what they are telling you on here....Stop eating bread and ground meat...go back to liquids and soft foods.  It will make a difference in how you feel and get your liquids in again.  I know I was there.  For breakfast I would have oatmeal with milk snack apple sauce...lunch soup and 2 soda crackers if I could tolerate them  if not the soup was fine...tomato soup with milk is best.... I would drink 2 protein shakes throughout the day and in place of a snack or 2....and supper would be pureed fish and veggies.  Go back and stay there a while and introduce a something new carefully one per day  after 2 weeks....it isnt a sprint it is a marathon lol....you are not alone and I am only 2 weeks ahead but the advice you get on here is valuable....all the best...Kim

mysty888
on 7/6/15 6:06 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

Just my two cents, but definitely get rid of the tortilla. If it's balled up and sitting on your stoma and not going through, it may be causing all the other vomiting. I would start the morning out with the protein shake.I like to start with coffee myself because the warm liquid feels better first thing for me. I now put protein powder in my coffee, but that's me. Anyway, wake your tummy up slowly and comfortably. Give it some time before having your next thing, so that you can get some water in. I would do a yogurt, cottage cheese, maybe a scrambled egg (or a soft boiled egg was easiest to tollerate for me) aabout two hours later. My friend said she lived on egg drop soup for awhile. I hope you are getting the picture. Have what is easiest on the tummy until the nausea resolves. Dehydration also causes nausea, so find a way to get in as much water as you, even if it's in the form of hot tea or whatever is most soothing to your insides. Good luck, I hope you get it under control soon.

KattattaK
on 7/6/15 6:17 pm

You need to schedule an appointment to see yiur surgeon and find out what's going on. Only he can determine whether your issue is a serious one that needs treatment/intervention as well as what type. Hope things get better soon!

NYMom222
on 7/8/15 12:25 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You have gotten good advice, back up your meal plan to liquid/soft and see if you can get it under control. If it persists see your surgeon. I know I am almost a year out and still mostly can handle liquids until lunch. I only ate toast or crackers about once every 2 weeks in the beginning... needs to be dry. If you don't see a change quickly see the surgeon.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

hearnia
on 7/8/15 12:28 pm

Thank you everyone... this forum is pretty spectacular.  I finally spoke to my surgeon and I'm going in Friday morning for a "barium swallow" and x-rays, to rule out some things.  I'm also back to just eating soft foods (yogurt, pudding, soup, etc.).  Hopefully the x-rays won't show anything serious and I'll just take it much slower before advancing to new foods.  I'll keep you all posted.  Thank you again!

Most Active
Recent Topics