PATIENTS 8+ YEARS OUT--QUESTION

Kathyjs
on 7/7/15 7:22 am

I forgot to add I also eat 8-10 times a day but sure don't tell others to do this , just what I have to do

Eggface
on 7/7/15 11:56 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Glad you had a scope done. No it's not typical. Grouchy pouch days (I call them) once and awhile, food apathy once and awhile, but generally no you're cals are low for a vet post-op. 

Some vets have certain meats that have always been easier than others. My sis (RNY) can not do white meat chicken. I love it, I never really had too much trouble with any meat, dense protein, as long as it was chewed well and I am a dipper... love Greek Yogurt flavored with herbs, etc. to dip meats in that helps. I guess I'd ask if you ever could eat meats without issue... I have a tendency to believe (in my non-medical degree, post op opinion) that we can condition ourselves to eating issues post-op... so if you early on have an issue with a particular food, many will swear off that food and rarely have it again. IMHO it's probably not the food... could have been not ready for it, time of day, cooking method, whatever... so then whenever we try it in the future I believe some of what people experience is a result of not having it... so getting used to the difference in what eating dense protein feels like, how many more chews you need, adjustments like the dip I use, amount you need to feel full... anyway... my 2 cents ;) for what its worth.

Hope it is something easily resolved. How are your labs?

Oh and all that being said, you can certainly be a post-op and a vegetarian (many are) and feel free to hit my blog to get some recipes or ideas www.pinterest.com/eggface too (a bit more sorted.) Hope it gives you a few new ideas.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kathy S.
on 7/7/15 1:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I agree with everyone here. This is  not normal and keep asking until you find someone in the medical profession to help you.  If you find meat is an issue maybe you can try EggFace's suggestion on going vegan.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active