2 weeks away

sheatsy1980
on 7/3/15 4:04 am
RNY on 07/17/15

Hey everyone, I am so excited/nervous/scared my surgery is 2 weeks from today and I am starting to freak out.  The mental thoughts going through my head are fighting with each other.  I have the omg its almost time to change my life for the better, to be healthier, to live a fuller life.  Then comes the what if I am not strong enough, what if it doesn't work, what if I fail?  I know that I am over analyzing things right now.  I am more excited than anything.  I can't wait to take this journey that I have waited so long for.  I also want to say how thankful I am to everyone on here that posts their ups and downs and victories and fails.  I have been drawing on the strength from everything I read on here.. All of you are so brave and strong to post the things you post.  I hope that I can be that for someone on here.  Thank you all for being here.

karin602
on 7/3/15 6:43 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Your thoughts are so normal. This is a life changer. Not always easy but results are amazing. I try to follow the program t all Times. Am I perfect NO. BUT always try to be. I enjoy being at goal trying on clothes that fit wrapping a bath towel around with plenty left over. Best of all being off all diabetic meds especially insulin. My endocrinologist discharged me at my last appointment saying I no longer needed him. my pc could follow me and save my closet. Even with all this the day of surgery I lay hooked up to the iv and still thought it's not too late to run. Thank goodness I didn't! Good luck and stay dedicated to the process.

Karin

Baerny
on 7/3/15 12:10 pm

I'm still a newbie, and like Karin said those thoughts are SO NORMAL! So don't think you're some weird alien! And it is a hard journey, you learn that right after your surgery.. You have to just stay dedicated, and understand the good out weighs the "bad" and the "bad" is what was putting your life in danger in the first place. You WILL miss the way you ate food in the beginning, you WILL have cravings, you might even regret having the surgery (These are the "bad" moments). But you just get past those tough points, and just keep on trucking because everytime you weigh in and see that scale dropping, and dropping and dropping and you're off certain meds you thought youd be on for life.. And your other conditions are getting better and better overtime.. You realize all those cheeseburgers, mac n cheese, pizzas or sweets I ate.. Just doesn't compare to how wonderful and amazing I feel that I'm losing weight, and I'm off these certain meds.. or this health problem is being resolved.. And omg I can fit normal clothes, or omg I can take a bath again or I can run with the kids.. The bigger picture is worth just worth all the hardwork and dedication.. And it's not like you'll NEVER be able to enjoy a meal again, because you will.. But overall its a huge life change, and you need to be ready for it! And its going to be an amazing, stressful and all around wonderful journey.. And I wish you the BEST OF LUCK!

ausmew
on 7/12/15 6:58 am - Canada

Hi I am also very excited for you and am glad you shared with us. I think the feelings you have shared are normal and all part of the journey as well as the natural fear of the unknown. So you are not over analyzing things.  (surgery is a scare thing no matter what surgery one is having) I am at the early stages of the pre-op journey ( just had my social worker appt this week and next month is the appt with the Nurse) I am have an extra challenge to this journey which is I am required to be nicotine free (which I think is a great because I am taking this journey to have a healthier life and that can not include me to continue to poison myself with smoking lol) I have had my last cig 2 mos ago and it is hard but I am determined to do this. I am also worried about the failure of both the WLS and non-smoking. It is so wonderful to have this site for support and courage, I is so encouraging to hear from everyone here who are at various stages of the journey. Best of wishes and you will do very well and will succeed. :-)       

Most Active
Recent Topics