Curiosity. .. about alcohol any ppl who drank sooner then allowed

Diaz16
on 7/5/15 11:18 am

Lord knows it took long time to get to surgery and you have valid points. I asked this question because I wanted to know others experiences if they didn't follow what happened because I've heard so many different things not so much because I personally want to drink heck I'd rather have food n kerp it down than a drink lol its not that serious however the food struggle is real. I'm excited for soft foods tuesday. Thanks for taking your time to reply to me. 

Mary Gee
on 7/3/15 7:28 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Great response Amy!!  Someone really must want a drink if they are questioning if death is a possibility, don't you think? And I love the "blah, blah, blah"........ it's a serious matter, at least there wasn't a "LOL"!!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/15 10:48 pm

Usually when people ask this curious question its not just to question people its because either you have drank, or you are thinking about it real soon. All I can say is dont be a fool, dont ruin what you have worked for blah blah blah

lynnc99
on 7/5/15 7:01 am

We have been through a lot with this surgery. And for you, at a month out, you haven't even begun to experience what "going through a lot" will mean.

But one thing we have in common is that we have agreed to follow the rules set forth by a surgeon. We have made our own rules all along, and that path led us to morbid obesity. 

So when you ask so early out about making your own rules, it's a red flag to veterans. You've heard some of the reasons, but I'll also add that the risk of alcoholism takes a huge jump in post ops. I personally know 10 people via various support groups who are fighting the fight with alcohol day by day. Not one thought it would ever happen to them. If you crave alcohol this early out, I'd pay attention to what that may mean - without food to handle your feelings, are you looking for the next drug of choice? 

Diaz16
on 7/5/15 11:24 am

I really appreciate your response. I've done some reading n they say alcoholalcoholismis a big risk because u replace alcohol for food u can't have anymore.  For me it's different I was a big drinker before n have stopped now I never was am emotional eater or an overt eater I got big because I'm a picky eater n only really like pasta pizza n meats n fruits n my portion sizes n times eating wasn't right.  I won't lie I enjoyed going out drinking with my friends but me getting healthy at this point is moRe important than a drink.  It is however hard to imagine never ever dining again in life when it played a big social role for me previously. But knowing that alcoholism is that much bigger a risk after surgery that is a risk I'm not willing to take

zann50
on 7/5/15 11:53 am

Hey Diaz16...kinda sounds to me, you are considering going back to old ways?!  Do you think ETOH had anything to do with your wt gain to begin with?

Our minds do wander to strange places in the initial post-op phase.

Zann

VGS- 2015

Diaz16
on 7/5/15 12:23 pm

Honestly I drank alot but I worked out alot so I basically maintainedmy weight when I stopped drinking as much I lost so I ended up losing 30 on my own before surgery.  N tbh I just get kinda down cuz being sire n not being able to keep my protein shakes down made me sad n I used to drink when I was down but I know I can't do that now n I wouldn't even try. But yes alcohol probably did keep some of my weight or play apart before surgery.

NYMom222
on 7/6/15 11:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

The first three months are a rollercoaster mentally, emotionally and physically. It does get better. Be kind to yourself and don't drink. If you find you are still struggling, try going for therapy.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics