When does the energy come back?

AmyDee123
on 7/2/15 2:22 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I hear ya.  Its so hard to get it right.  If I take one bite too much, even if its what I measured out, I end up with stomach cramps and vomiting for 30 minutes, then I need to nap.  I'm so afraid to eat out or around anyone.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Thomas H.
on 7/12/15 3:47 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

I had the same experience late last week, I ate just a little too much and felt sick and bloated for about 2 hours. I finally threw up and I almost immediately felt better. Lesson learned with portion control. :(

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

SkinnyScientist
on 7/2/15 5:29 am, edited 7/2/15 5:29 am

For me...sometime between 4-6 months. I was able to walk for exercise immediately after but bending over in yoga, I would faint!

Too tired and too weak to run, weight lift, or do step aerobics until between 4-6 months. Literally, one day was walking for excercise and my step had too much spring (like I was putting in the effort to move 275lbs when I was just 225 lbs) and then I  knew I was strong again and time to go back to the gym.

As far as the calorie situation...stick with what was prescribed.

I was really tired too in the beginning. I slept A LOT (like 8-12 hours ) in the beginning. Usually, I only need 6 hours of sleep a night.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

AmyDee123
on 7/2/15 2:12 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

We go to bed around 11 at night, and usually wake up around 7, but we both wake up a lot through the night.  My husband has apnea, and I sleep lightly because of fear of him and having to wake up him to start breathing all the time.  So when its just me and the kids at home I take advantage of a good afternoon nap.

Thomas H.
on 7/2/15 7:46 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

I am glad to read that I am not the only one who feels run down. I am a little over two weeks since my RNY procedure and I just want to sleep all the time. I work at home and force myself to stay up after the work day is over. I hope it will pass. 

AmyDee123
on 7/3/15 7:30 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I'm from Tampa!  Who was your doc/hospital and when was your date?  Thank God I work from home as well.  It makes it so much easier when I need to take a break cause I am just exhausted or if my brain just needs a moment.

Thomas H.
on 7/5/15 5:04 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

My doctor was Dr. Micheal Murr at TGH, the surgery went really well. Had no complications, very thankful. Feeling a bit of my energy come back since I have transitioned in the the pureed diet portion, guess I just needed some meat protein, even if it was ground up. :)

AmyDee123
on 7/5/15 5:39 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Ground meat has helped me sooooo much!  I have been able to do more, however I am paying for it each time it seems.  I was going to get my surgery originally done by Dr. Murr but my mother lived really close to Palms of Pasadena hospital and I really liked my interview with Dr. Rehnke.  Both are awesome docs.  

Thomas H.
on 7/12/15 3:51 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

I saw Dr. Rehnke about 5 years ago when I considered having gastric bypass done. But I got laid off and lost my insurance. This time my primary doc recommended Dr. Murr and TGH, after not listening to him the first time and having a terrible time with the lap band. I got an infection and the band had to come out. I stopped being stubborn and went to TGH. 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

Most Active