What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 6/30/15 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We expect to hit 108 today...yes 108!

Hoping the follow up meeting brings you good news! I have to admit that that spicy bean black burger with egg sounds really amazing-I will have to try that some time. 

My menu is a almost a repeat from yesterday...

Time since surgery: 10 1/2 months

B: SF latte, egg beater omelette, fruit (mixed berries and 1/2 apple) 

S: Cinnamon thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: Boiled beans with chicken topped with some cheese, some trail mix and 1/2 an apple

S: L&F Greek Blueberry yogurt and some granola

D: 1/2 flat out pizza, small salad and froyo

E: 1 hour cardio 

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1113 Protein: 74 Carbs: 129 Fat: 36

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy H.
on 6/30/15 9:42 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/08/15

Good Morning. I hope that meeting goes well, please update us!! 

It is HOT again here too. The last few days were such a nice break, but shoulda known it wasn't going to last. Back to 95+!

Time since surgery:  22 days... and loving soft foods! just waiting for scale to move again tho...

B:  Tried an overnight oatmeal. It was okay, ate about 1/4 cup

B2/S: WF scrambled eggs w/ gravy on top, about 1/4 cup

L:  WF classic chic salad

S: If I remember, cheese stick

D: Cod fillet (trying to make fish now, its new for us!)

S: ??

Hoping to hit my protein today!

Amy

banded 12/2006, slip revision 7/2013, revision to rny 6/8/2015

stacyrg
on 6/30/15 9:59 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I just wanted to say how much I love this thread for keeping me motivated and on track.  It's been a really bad week (a friend unexpectedly passed away and I gave my notice at my job) and I typically would eat to soothe myself, but because of you all, I'm doing my best to stay on track, so a great big thank you from So. Cal.!

Here's my plan and I hope to stick to it:

B:  ground turkey with spinach, onions and goat cheese

L:  leftover New York strip (3 oz)

S:  Dannon light and fit and Peanut Butter

D: Shrimp and ceasar salad

Totals: Cal: 749 (low.  My surgeon wants me closer to 950-1000 so I see another snack in my future.) Protein: 76g; Carbs: 11g; Fat: 37g

lcraver
on 6/30/15 11:22 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I am so late to post today... busy morning!!!! AV, hoping the meeting today goods well.  

So, yesterday I had my 3 month check at my bariatric surgeon's office (even though I am only days away from my 4th month surgiversary). Everything was good, of course my labwork is not back yet. I met with the nurse practitioner, who is one of my best cheerleaders, although I am sure she would get real with you, if needed. She makes me feel that I am special and I will admit, it works! After the appt., I had to head to the hospital next door and lo and behold, I see my surgeon walking out as I am coming in.  He is such a good guy! Asked me if everything was okay, told him that I just had an appt with HB and he asked my numbers, told him I was at 114 total (45 before surgery, 69 since) and he high fived me and fist bumped me!  LOL. Then, he asked me if I had been back to see my onocologist (endometrial CA... controlled now by hormones). Said he thought I was probably ready to get my poor repo organs yanked so I can stop worrying about it. Told him it was in the works. But, the best part... lol... was that when we ended the conversation, I asked him if he could really tell that I was losing and he gave me a geniune WTF look and asked me if I owned a mirror.  Made my day!!! 

And, I showed another 2 lb loss this morning... LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

My menu today:

B1: Tea and Sugar Leaf (I have been weaning myself down and I think my tea will be sweetener free tomorrow... this is real growth, people!!)

B2: 1 oz Cabot's Seriously Sharp cheese

L: Sea Cuisine Asian spiced talapia filet (not sure of the ozs, but 130 cal, 21 grams protein... very spicy... very nice), 1/4 cup green beans (love them!)

S: Cherry 80 cal greek yogurt, Hard Boiled Egg White

D: Turkey Cheeseburger meatloaf, 1/4 cup GG mixed veggies (broc, cauliflower, carrots)

S: Mint chocolate protein ice cream (very excited about this, new flavor)

Totals:  Calories - 667, Protein - 71, Carbs - 37, Sugars - 25, Fats - 26

Everyone have a most excellent day!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

mschwab
on 6/30/15 12:44 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Yes, I remember that short story.  I am still haunted by the child that was locked in the closet and missed the sun.  So sad!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

breck_fish13
on 7/1/15 5:43 am
RNY on 11/04/14

What are Nature Valley lemon poppy sees biscuits and where do you but them?

AngryViking
on 7/1/15 6:15 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I actually got them at the Dollar Tree, but I've seen them in the regular grocery stores by the granola bars.  They are like little oat biscuits and they're 60 calories each.  They come in other flavors, too, like blueberry.

Most Active