I can't win LOL

hl1524
on 6/29/15 3:32 am, edited 6/29/15 3:33 am - Austin, TX

If you are having problems getting in fluids and staying hydrated you probably will want to get some powerade zero or something of that nature to help you out with electrolytes. Also is it possible that you might be having issues with the lactose in your protein shake?  

I hope you get to feeling better soon.  

RNY 8/27/2014

teach2
on 6/29/15 9:58 am, edited 6/29/15 9:59 am
RNY on 12/23/14

You have really been put through hell, haven't you? I'm so sorry. Isopure protein drink saved my life in the beginning. It is a kool aide - type drink. It's not he greatest tasting, but it was tolerable to me. I liked the pineapple one the best. It has 40 grams of protein and I got mine at GNC.  Good luck to you! It will get better. I know it will!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

lynnc99
on 6/29/15 9:59 pm

Many thoughts on your post here.

First - YES you can dump from a protein shake. I had it happen, with the same symptoms as yours. My doctor confirmed that even though it was a shake I had used many times before, the issue may have been timing (waiting too long and the lactose hit me hard) - or consuming it too fast (doesn't sound like your issue). But lactose is a sugar, even though I am NOT lactose intolerant. So yes, it can happen - fetal position on the bathroom floor, pain, sweating, exhaustion, you name it. (Odd thing is now, 6 yrs out, I don't dump on modest amounts of sugar.)

I hate to tell you this but the very first time I had foamies - and it hasn't happened very often - was from a light and fit yogurt with a few apple slices. Should be totally good right? Well, our bodies will surprise us! (Last foamy episode I had was from baby carrots. Go figure.)

Your surgery was very recent. Your body is still in a healing mode so it is natural to still be building up to the prescribed level of protein. Just try to make every day a bit better than the day before. Stick with foods that agree with you and listen to your body's signals - if the plan says "eat this" but it doesn't agree with you, err on the side of gentleness. Don't push. 

The dreams will subside - but I still have an occasional wacky one. Probably normally wacky now! But do pay attention to the emotions as your weight loss gets underway. 

And....I know it's hard. You're in the right place. We had surgery - we want the weight to be gone, and gone NOW. But nobody will tell you this is easy. It gets easier, but never totally easy. It changes, but it has its challenges every step of the way.  

Most Active