What I learned tracking food this week.

seattledeb
on 6/26/15 10:51 pm

I eat way more fat than I thought.  I'm not a newbie. I'm old and new. Relosing and reprioritizing.

I eat too much fat.

Tracking is fun-ish

Deb T.

Eggface
on 6/27/15 4:25 am - Sunny Southern, CA

We are usually pretty gung-ho about tracking in the early stages but let it go after a time... it's really good to do for a few weeks every couple of months... "reality check" I call it and usually you can spot the areas that need tweaking... mine is always not enough water and same as you fat grams can inch up... darn cheese and avocado :) why you gotta taste so goooood LOL

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

seattledeb
on 6/27/15 4:39 am

I have so many tricks to ge****er in but it's a new struggle every day. I almost never make it but I keep going.

Nice to see you around. I still read your blog and follow you on facebook. I've been cruising your recipes. 

See you about,

Deb T.

Poodlemac
on 6/27/15 5:31 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Fat doesn't make you fat!  Be sure to check other things too like protein, sugar, calories and carbs. Oh, and be sure you're moving, 10k steps a day. 

The Salty Hag
on 6/27/15 8:47 am
RNY on 05/20/13

It's amazing how it sneaks in there, isn't it? I've noticed the same, but I'm losing my regain, so I'm not going to worry too much. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

seattledeb
on 6/27/15 8:02 pm

Losing regain..magic words!

We all need fat I just didn't know quite how much I was packing in there!

Deb T.

lynnc99
on 6/27/15 9:18 am

For me it's carbs. Sometimes I look and it's not fun-ish at all! But...tracking really really really helps! 

healthy-rickfan1971
on 6/27/15 1:27 pm

I had a sheet given to me as part of my post op package when I left the hospital after surgery. I kept it, and copy off as many copies as I need. Many times since Sept. 7, 2012 I have tried to keep tracking, both with any of the computer ones or the paper. I find I prefer the paper one. I started (again) the 27th of last month when I found out I was going to have to have a discectomy done (coming up July 1st) and I wanted to get in control beforehand. I thought it best to be in as god of shape as possible going in for this surgery. So I got very serious with my tracking, measuring, exercising (some days I get 10 miles walked with combo of outside walking and the Walk Away the Pounds express 4 mile one) other days I do not get but 6-9 miles in. I have found out that with the heat and my determination to NOT dehydrate, I get WAY more liquid in than I EVER would have thought. I drink water, naturally, Powerade zero, decaf iced tea, and use Lean Shake 25 (orange is my addiction made with unsweet vanilla almond milk {6 ounces and 1 scoop powder for 14 grams protein at 123 calories} to take my meds with that all say to take with food. I find the shake coats Taz, my pouch, well. I have ended up with days where I drink around 200 ounces of liquid in the day, 200 ounces. But that is not drinking with or 30 minutes after a meal. With the walking I have a practically water spirting out of me over sweating problem. I try to counter that with drinking anytime I can. I was still surprised to see those big numbers though.

seattledeb
on 6/27/15 8:05 pm

THe best of luck for a swift recovery. It sounds like you are really doing everything in your power to make that happen.

Deb T.

Most Active